- Rohit Singh | December 19, 2022 | 3:47 pm
ADS vs SYT, 9th Match Preview
Adelaide Strikers and Sydney Thunder meet for the second time in five days in Match 9 of the 2022-23 Big Bash League on Tuesday evening at the Adelaide Oval. This will be a huge test of character for Sydney Thunder who lost the first clash between the teams by 124 runs after being bowled out for 15 in 5.5 overs. Adelaide Strikers went all the way to the Challenger fixture last year but already look like a stronger proposition. On their home ground, most observers will be expecting a win for the Strikers. There will be plenty of focussed minds for Sydney Thunder who know that they must perform and regain some respect against Adelaide Strikers. Thunder were much improved against the Renegades but it will take a big leap to be too strong for the Strikers in this match.
ADS vs SYT, 9th Match Details
Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder – 9th Match
Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Date & Time: 20th December at 01:45 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
ADS vs SYT, 9th Match Pitch Report
It is a good batting wicket with a score over 170 required in the first innings to be competitive. There is good pace and some turn in this pitch. Although there will have been some rain earlier in the day, we expect cloud cover but not weather-interruptions during this match in Adelaide.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: Gavaskar Not A Fan of Wholesale Changes In Indian Team
ADS vs SYT, 9th Match Probable Playing XIs:
Sydney Thunder Probable Playing XIs
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes (wk), Rilee Rossouw, Jason Sangha (c), Daniel Sams, Alex Ross, Oliver Davies, Chris Green, Gurinder Sandhu, Brendan Doggett, Fazalhaq Farooqi
Adelaide Strikers Probable Playing XIs
Matthew Short, Jake Weatheralnd, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen (wk), Rashid Khan, Wes Agar, Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle (c)
Topmost Picks for ADS vs SYT Dream11 Prediction, 9th Match:
Top Picks – Sydney Thunder
- Daniel Sams – It has been a fine start to the season from an individual perspective for the experienced left-arm pace bowler. He dismissed Adam Hose and Thomas Kelly in the previous game against the Strikers.
- Alex Hales – The tall Engliand opener has made two scores of 16 alongside a two-ball duck against Adelaide Strikers. He made 86 not out from 47 balls against India in the T20 World Cup semi-final the last time he played at this venue.
Top Picks – Adelaide Strikers
- Rashid Khan – The leg-spinner didn’t get a chance to bowl when Thunder were bowled out inside six overs. However, he has already picked up three wickets at the Adelaide Oval in the 2022 BBL.
- Matthew Short – The right-handed opener made only nine against Thunder on Friday but will relish the chance to return to the Adelaide Oval where he hit 84 runs from 53 balls last Wednesday.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for ADS vs SYT Dream11 Team:
Harry Nielsen, Chris Lynn, Alex Hales, Adam Hose, Rilee Rossouw, Oliver Davies, Matthew Short(C), Daniel Sams(VC), Gurinder Sandhu, Henry Thornton, Fazalhaq Farooqi
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for ADS vs SYT Dream11 Team:
Harry Nielsen, Chris Lynn, Alex Hales(C), Adam Hose, Rilee Rossouw, Alex Ross, Matthew Short, Daniel Sams, Wes Agar, Henry Thornton(VC), Fazalhaq Farooqi
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Matthew Short, Alex Hales
Vice-captain – Daniel Sams, Henry Thornton
Wicketkeeper – Harry Nielsen
ADS vs SYT 9th Match Probable winners:
Not only is the confidence of Sydney Thunder’s batters at a low, but the bowling attack of Adelaide Strikers can do no wrong. We are backing the home bowlers to get the most out of this pitch and to win the match. Sydney Thunder had to show their faces again in the competition only two days after their crushing defeat to Adelaide Strikers but they will go head to head with the Strikers once more on Tuesday. We fully expect Sydney Thunder to be competitive in this game but getting a win will be a tough ask. Adelaide Strikers have an incredible bowling attack and we are predicting another Strikers win in this match. Considering the team combination, Adelaide Strikers is expected to win this match.