- admin | October 22, 2021 | 8:42 pm
AS-W vs HH-W WBBL 2021 Today Match Prediction.On Saturday 23th of October 2021, Adelaide Strikers will take on Hobart hurricanes. Adelaide Strikers Women, failed to qualify for the knockout stages last season, finishing sixth in the standings with 13 points. This season, they’ve signed prominent international players and are looking forward to a winning start to the competition. The Hurricanes finished bottom in the WBBL with only three wins and nine losses in the 2020–21 seasons, the sixth in the team’s existence. Last season, strikers finished sixth with six wins and seven losses.
Match: Adelaide strikers vs Hobart hurricanes 10th Match, Women’s Big Bash League
Date – 23 October 2021
Time: 04:45 PM IST
Venue: Invermay Park, Launceston
Although teams would love to bat first, this is not always possible. This WBBL’s pitches have proven to be conducive to batting, with scores of over 150 being quite typical. It shouldn’t be much different in this game, with the new ball bowlers anticipated to receive some assistance upfront as well.
The weather prediction for Saturday is excellent, with no rain predicted for the game. However, with cloud cover and humidity of 76 percent and 52 percent, respectively, before the start of the game, gloomy conditions are expected. The weather will be warm, with temperatures ranging from 11 to 13 degrees, ideal for a game of cricket.
AS-W vs HH-W Playing 11
AS-W Predicted Playing 11
Smriti Mandhana, Issy Wong, Lauren Smith, Corinne Hall, Phoebe Litchfield, Sammy Jo Johnson, Tahlia Wilson (wk), Samantha Bates, Deepti Sharma, Hannah Darlington, Kate Peterson
HH-W Predicted Playing 11
Rachel Priest (c & wk), Ruth Johnston, Mignon Du Preez, Richa Ghosh, Naomi Stalenberg, Sasha Moloney, Belinda Vakarewa, Tayla Vlaeminck, Amy Smith, Nicola Carey, Molly Strano
Hobart Women’s highest scorer in their most recent encounter versus Sixers Women was Richa Ghosh. Her 46-run knock provided her team a decent total on the scoreboard. She has 67 runs with a strike rate of 111.66 in two matches in this competition.
Dane van Niekerk
Dane van Niekerk is a seasoned professional with a wealth of knowledge. In the previous iteration, she was a member of the Sydney Sixers Women’s team. She has taken 10 wickets in 13 matches and batted for 166 runs in 10 innings at an average of 16.6.
Adelaide Strikers Team News
- Adelaide Strikers beat Sydney Thunders by 30 runs on October 16. Tahlia McGrath continued her stellar start to the season with a crucial all-around performance as the Adelaide Strikers defeated the reigning champions, Sydney Thunder.
- McGrath, who is captaining Strikers in the absence of Megan Schutt, top-scored with 42 off 34 balls before taking 3 for 17, along with the Smriti Mandhanaand after that match-winning brace of Corinne Hall and Anika Learoyd in successive deliveries after Thunder had lost early wickets.
- The Strikers were 4 for 46 after losing Laura Wolvaardt for a first-ball duck but were rescued by a 69-run fifth-wicket partnership between McGrath and Madeline Penna in 10 overs. They were both ready to go for broke in the last overs, but they both fell to Lauren Smith in the space of three deliveries. Amanda-Jade Wellington, on the other hand, was able to get the total up to 140. The Strikers are currently moving towards the thunder with winning momentum..
Hobart Hurricanes Team News
- The Hobart Hurricanes were defeated by the Sydney Sixers on October 17th. The Sixers had held the Hobart Hurricanes to 125 points, but they faltered early in the chase.
- Vlaeminck defeated Alyssa Healy for speed as she played across the line, and Ashleigh Gardner charged at Strano, leaving them at 2 for 14. The Hurricanes’ batting faltered once again, as they were 3 for 26 after the Powerplay.
- They have a bowling attack that can make an impact this season, but they sorely need top-order runs. Brown took one wicket and Perry took two, the latter thanks to a fantastic catch at point by Radha Yadav to dismiss Mignon du Preez. Gardner’s four overs, which featured 12 dot balls, kept the score down, and Richa Ghosh was primarily responsible for keeping things together. Hurricanes struggled to the 20-over mark as Ghosh struck three sixes before succumbing to India teammate Yadav.
AS-W vs HH-W Match Tips
The Hurricanes’ bats struggled once again this season. This season, they have a bowling attack that can make an impact, but they are in dire need of top-order runs. The Adelaide strikers started the season with a loss as well, but they were able to make a strong drive. The Adelaide Strikers are a considerable step up from the Hurricanes, with powerful batting lines and bowlers capable of chasing down targets. We believe the attackers have a better probability of winning this game.
Today’s match prediction: Adelaide Strikers to win the match.