- Rohit Singh | January 3, 2023 | 8:02 pm
AUS vs SA, 3rd Test Preview
Australia and South Africa are all set to lock horns in the third and final Test of the three-match series starting Wednesday, January 4. The Sydney Cricket Ground is set to host the contest. Australia, captained by Pat Cummins, are leading the series 2-0 after wins in Brisbane and Melbourne. They are also sitting on top of the points table in the World Test Championship (WTC) 2021-23. South Africa, on the other hand, desperately need a win to stay in contention for the WTC final to be played later this year. Having already lost 0-2, the team, led by Dean Elgar, has gone down to fourth in the table below Sri Lanka with a points percentage of 50.
AUS vs SA, 3rd Test Details
Australia vs South Africa – 3rd Test
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney
Date & Time: 04 January 2023 at 05:00 AM IST
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
AUS vs SA, 3rd Test Pitch Report
The match will be played at The Sydney Cricket Ground. There will be more spin on offer at this venue than in the two previous matches. There is no doubt that the pitch will benefit the pacers. But as the game goes on, spinners will become more important.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: Ban vs Ind, Day 3: India 45-4 at stumps, need 100 to win 3rd Test
AUS vs SA, 3rd Test Probable Playing XIs:
Australia Probable Playing XIs
David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Renshaw, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon
South Africa Probable Playing XIs
Dean Elgar (c), Sarel Erwee, Rassie van der Dussen/Heinrich Klaasen, Temba Bavuma, Khaya Zondo, Kyle Verreynne (wk), Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi
Topmost Picks for AUS vs SA Dream11 Prediction, 3rd Test:
Top Picks – Australia
- David Warner – Finally found form with the bat for Australia and notched up a splendid double century against South Africa. Left-hander will be keen to continue his excellent form for Australia.
- Marnus Labuschagne– The right-hander smacked an incredible double-century in the first innings of the opening Test against West Indies and also followed it with a fine hundred in the second innings.
Top Picks – South Africa
- Kagiso Rabada– South Africa’s premier pace bowler Kagiso Rabada bowled amazingly well. He has been a standout for South Africa with 10 wickets to his name, with his sheer pace and solid length.
- Temba Bavuma– An experienced batsman showed what he is there for. In the second innings, he produced decent innings of 65 runs off 144 balls with the help of six boundaries.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for AUS vs SA Dream11 Team:
Kyle Verreynne, Sarel Erwee, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith(VC), Temba Bavuma, Travis Head(C), Marco Jansen, Pat Cummins, Scott Boland, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for AUS vs SA Dream11 Team:
Kyle Verreynne, Dean Elgar, David Warner(C), Steve Smith, Temba Bavuma, Travis Head, Marco Jansen, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Kagiso Rabada(VC), Anrich Nortje
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, David Warner
Vice-captain – Marco Jansen, Steve Smith
Wicketkeeper – Kyle Verreynne
AUS vs SA 3rd Test Probable Winners:
Australia are not only very consistent at home but also dominate teams with the bat and the ball. When playing a team like South Africa, who have real struggles with the bat, this makes for a one-sided contest. Once again, we expect South Africa to cause some problems with the ball, but not enough to make the match competitive. We are backing Australia to get another win in this Test. If the weather forecast is taken into account, a result in the game may not be possible. On paper, Australia are the stronger of the two teams, but the fate of the match depends on the weather conditions. Considering the team combination, Australia is expected to win this match.