- Rohit Singh | November 29, 2022 | 9:05 pm
AUS vs WI, 1st Test Preview
The first of two Test Matches between Australia and West Indies gets underway on Wednesday morning in Perth, Western Australia. After almost three months of only ODI and IT20 cricket, the oldest and longest international format makes a return in this fixture. Australia have not played a Test Match at home since the final game of the 2021-22 Men’s Ashes. They were dominant in that series and we expect them to be very hard to beat in this Test. West Indies have struggled in Test cricket for many years but come into this series in strong form. However, even though they haven’t lost any of their last five Tests. This will be a very tough match in Perth.
AUS vs WI, 1st Test Details
Australia vs West Indies – 1st Test
Venue: Perth Stadium, Perth
Date & Time: 30th November at 07:50 AM IST
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
AUS vs WI, 1st Test Pitch Report
There will be pace and assistance in the pitch for the quick bowlers across the opening few days of this match. Expect the spinners to come into the game on Day 4 and 5. The conditions look very consistent across the five scheduled days of this Test with no rain forecast and temperatures in the high 20s.
No Injury. It will be added when there is an update
Also Read: FICA Report: 40% international cricketers ready to leave central contract
AUS vs WI, 1st Test Probable Playing XIs:
Australia Probable Playing XIs
David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins(C), Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon
West Indies Probable Playing XIs
Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Jermain Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Roston Chase, Josh Da Silva (wk), Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Jayden Seales, Kemar Roach
Topmost Picks for AUS vs WI Dream11 Prediction, 1st Test:
Top Picks – Australia
- Cameron Green– The 23 year old all-rounder made his international debut only two years ago but he is already a permanent fixture in the Test side. He is capable of winning a session with aggressive batting or accurate bowling.
- Steve Smith– The former captain made scores of 80 not out and 94 during the ODI series win over England earlier this month. Ahead of this Test, he is looking like he is back to his brilliant best.
Top Picks – West Indies
- Kraigg Brathwaite – The right-handed opener is an old-school Test opener who likes to occupy the crease. He needs 107 runs to bring up 5000 in this format and the pitch in Perth is a good one for batting.
- Alzarri Joseph – The quick bowler has excelled in everything from the IPL, to the T20 Blast to Tests over the course of 2022. He has taken three wickets in each of his last four innings in Test cricket.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for AUS vs WI Dream11 Team:
Josh Da Silva, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, David Warner(C), Marnus Labuschagne(VC), Steve Smith, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kemar Roach, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for AUS vs WI Dream11 Team:
Josh Da Silva, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, David Warner, Steve Smith(C), Jason Holder(VC), Travis Head, Kyle Mayers, Alzarri Joseph, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – David Warner, Steve Smith
Vice-captain – Marnus Labuschagne, Jason Holder
Wicketkeeper – Josh Da Silva
AUS vs WI 1st Test Probable Winners:
West Indies’ recent victories have come over England and Bangladesh, both sides who had fragile batting line-ups. Australia score heavily at home and they will be very hard to beat. Neither team had a successful T20 World Cup and both will be relishing the opportunity to return to red-ball cricket in this Test. Although West Indies have produced some brilliant results in this format already this year, their team is still a long way behind the skills and depth of the Australians. We are expecting Australia to win this Test by a comfortable margin. Considering the team combination, Australia is expected to win this match.