- admin | October 28, 2021 | 12:13 am
Australia vs Sri Lanka T20 World Cup 2021 On Thursday, Australia will play Sri Lanka in the T20 World Cup 2021 Group 1 match. In their first match against South Africa, Australia had to put in a lot of effort to win. Marcus Stoinis and wicketkeeper Matthew Wade put up a 40-run unbroken partnership to help them win by 5 wickets with 2 balls to spare. The bowling attack’s qualities are undeniable, but the top-order batsmen must be more responsible in the next contests.
Sri Lanka, on the other side, trounced the Bangladesh Tigers in their most recent encounter, winning by five wickets with seven balls remaining in the match. This was their fourth consecutive World Cup triumph. Charith Asalanka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa guided them home for half a century. They have depth in their bowling attack, and if they play to their strengths, they have a chance to overcome Australia.
Match: Australia vs Sri Lanka – Match 22
Date – 28 October 2021
Time: 07:30 PM IST
Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Given the prior matches played here, setting the aim for the team batting first will be a difficult challenge. The pacers are making excellent use of the conditions, and it’ll be difficult to stop them if they bowl in the appropriate areas.
Average score: 124 (3 T20Is in Dubai in T20 World Cup 2021)
Record of Chasing teams: Won – 3, Lost – 0, Tied – 0
The weather will be hot and humid here. The sky seems to be sunny during the clash and a decent game can be expected. The temperature will be around 42 C.
Matches- 16, Sri Lanka – 8, Australia – 8, N/R- 0
In T20 World Cups
Matches- 3, Sri Lanka – 1, Australia – 2, N/R- 0
Australia vs Sri Lanka Predicted Playing 11
Australia Predicted Playing 11
Aaron Finch (c), Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, David Warner, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
Sri Lanka Predicted Playing 11
Dasun Shanaka (c), Chamika Karunaratne, Dusmantha Chameera, Lahiru Kumara, Kusal Perera (wk), Pathum Nissanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Wanindu Hasaranga, Binura Fernando, Charith Asalanka, Avishka Fernando
In the final game against South Africa, Steven Smith was on fire. When he was batting on 35 runs, he was removed by Aiden Markram’s spectacular catch in the wide long-on zone. He understands how to pace his inning based on the situation’s demands.
Josh Hazlewood’s IPL stint with Chennai Super Kings has aided him greatly in his preparation for this event. In the most recent game against South Africa, he was named player of the match for his outstanding bowling efforts, in which he took two wickets while surrendering only 19 runs in the entire quota of four overs.
- Australia was victorious in their opening Super 12 institution, beating South Africa by five lattices with just two balls to spare, as they successfully chased down a modest but tricky score of 119.
- The pace was prioritized by Australia within their platoon selection with Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, and Josh Hazlewood all named with Adam Zampa as the primary spin-bowler and having confined South Africa to a low aggregate, they’re likely to conclude for the same formula in this game.
- Sri Lanka recorded their fourth consecutive palm in this T20 World Cup last time out, chasing down 172 to beat Bangladesh by five lattices with further than an over to spare, a statement palm.
- Like Australia, the anticipation is that Sri Lanka will name the same platoon in this match, with their bowling formerly again heavily reliant on the gate-taking prowess of their baits.
Australia vs Sri Lanka Match Tips
Australia’s major weapon is bowling. Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, and Mitchell Starc form a formidable fast bowling combination. Adam Zampa will also benefit from the favorable conditions. On paper, Sri Lanka’s batting appears to be adequate. In the previous match, Charith Asalanka scored the game-winning run with the help of Bhanuka Rajapaksa. Pathum Nissanka should be avoided. Sri Lanka has been in excellent form thus far in the competition and might be a tough opponent for Australia. Australia has more chances to win the match.
Today’s match prediction Australia to win the match.