- Rohit Singh | February 28, 2023 | 3:38 pm
BAN vs ENG, 1st ODI Preview
World champions England haven’t had the best of form in the format in recent times, having lost three of their last four ODI series. Jos Buttler will now lead the side on their limited-overs tour of Bangladesh, which begins on the 1st of March at the Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka. England will be without a few key players, but will still be confident of their chances as they have a terrific record against the hosts in ODIs. This series will also present them with a final opportunity to practice in sub-continent conditions before the ODI World Cup in India later this year.
BAN vs ENG, 1st ODI Details
Bangladesh vs England – 1st ODI
Venue: Shere Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Dhaka
Date & Time: 01st March 2023 at 02:00 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports
BAN vs ENG, 1st ODI Pitch Report
The average score batting first at the Shere Bangla National Stadium is 235. It comes down to 201 in the second innings.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Probable Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For 3rd Test
BAN vs ENG, 1st ODI Probable Playing XIs:
Bangladesh Probable Playing XIs
Tamim Iqbal (c), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(wk), Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Ebadot Hossain
England Probable Playing XIs
Jos Buttler (c and wk), Jason Roy, Will Jacks, Dawid Malan, Phil Salt, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Jofra Archer, Sam Curran, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
Topmost Picks for BAN vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI:
Top Picks – Bangladesh
- Shakib Al Hasan – All-rounder will again be a vital part of this side, both with the bat and the ball, and his form will be crucial for the team’s chances in this series.
- Tamim Iqbal – He has returned to the side after missing the series against India due to injury. The experienced opener is Bangladesh’s most prolific batter, having amassed over 8000 runs in ODIs at an average of 37.
Top Picks – England
- Jos Buttler – He has 382 runs in his last 9 matches at an average of 54.57, will be the key player for the tourists. He is in terrific form and will enjoy batting on these pitches.
- Jofra Archer – The fast bowler recently made a return to cricket after a long injury layoff and picked up career-best figures of 6-40 against South Africa at Kimberley on the 1st of February.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for BAN vs ENG Dream11 Team:
Jos Buttler, Litton Das, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah, Dawid Malan, Shakib Al Hasan(C), Sam Curran(VC), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mustafizur Rahman, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for BAN vs ENG Dream11 Team:
Jos Buttler(C), Litton Das, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah, Dawid Malan, Shakib Al Hasan, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Mehidy Hasan Miraz(VC), Taskin Ahmed, Jofra Archer
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Shakib Al Hasan, Jos Buttler
Vice-captain – Sam Curran, Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Wicketkeeper – Jos Buttler
BAN vs ENG 1st ODI Probable Winners:
Moreover, they have also beaten Bangladesh four times in their last five meetings with them. Another point worth noting is that England have clashed four times against Bangladesh at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in ODIs and have won three of those games. That said, the Tigers have been excellent in 50-over cricket in recent times and won’t go down easily at home. Their incredible batting depth, in particular, may prove to be a problem for the visitors. Considering the team combination, England is expected to win this match.