- Rohit Singh | December 13, 2022 | 9:32 pm
BAN vs IND, 1st Test Preview
The first Test between India and Bangladesh will begin on the 14th of December in Chattogram. Bangladesh won the 3-match ODI series by a 2-1 margin. The two teams will be taking on each other in a 2-match Test series now. KL Rahul will be leading the Indian side in the first Test while Shakib Al Hasan will be leading the Bangladeshi side. India is currently positioned second on the ICC Men’s Test rankings while Bangladesh is placed ninth on the rankings. Another exciting series is anticipated here between these two teams. India have also had a mediocre performance in Test cricket this year and have not won a single game overseas. They are scheduled to play six matches before the completion of the ongoing cycle of the World Test Championship and need to win at least five games to qualify for the tournament’s final.
BAN vs IND, 1st Test Details
Bangladesh vs India – 1st Test
Venue: Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium – Chittagong
Date & Time: 14th December at 09:00 AM IST
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
BAN vs IND, 1st Test Pitch Report
The Zahoor Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium is a batting-friendly wicket with a a reasonable amount of help for the swing bowlers early on. There is a huge amount of assistance for the spinners on this track later on. Batting will be easier towards the latter half as compared to the first half. The temperature will peak at 28 degrees but will be over 25 throughout the match.
- All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja ruled out and Mohammed Shami both ruled out of the series.
- Captain Rohit Sharma is set to miss the fixture with a thumb injury.
Also Read: BAN vs IND ODI: Arshdeep’s brilliant take on Malik
BAN vs IND, 1st Test Probable Playing XIs:
Bangladesh Probable Playing XIs
Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan (C), Litton Das, Nurul Hasan Sohan (wk), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Shoriful Islam, Ebadot Hossain
India Probable Playing XIs
KL Rahul (c), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, R Ashwin, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
Topmost Picks for BAN vs IND Dream11 Prediction, 1st Test:
Top Picks – Bangladesh
- Shakib Al Hasan– A left-handed batsman and left-arm orthodox spinner from Bangladesh. He has smashed 4251 runs and picked up 225 wickets in his 63 matches Test career so far. He will be among the top fantasy picks for this match.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz– A right-handed batsman and right-arm off-break bowler from Bangladesh. He has marked 1089 runs and grabbed 135 wickets in his 53 matches Test career so far. He has looked in great recent touch and can make a huge impact here as well.
Top Picks – India
- Virat Kohli– Right-handed batsman from India. He has hammered 8074 runs in his 102 matches Test career so far. He will be another vital player to consider in the fantasy team for this Test.
- Mohammed Siraj– The enthusiastic 28 year old right arm pace bowler has taken 10 wickets from his last two test. Although he was expensive in the second game of the series, he dismissed both of Bangladesh’s openers.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for BAN vs IND Dream11 Team:
Mushfiqur Rahim, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Litton Das, Shubman Gill(VC), Virat Kohli, Shakib Al Hasan, R Ashwin(C), Axar Patel, Ebadot Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Mohammed Siraj
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for BAN vs IND Dream11 Team:
Mushfiqur Rahim, Litton Das, KL Rahul, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli(C), Shakib Al Hasan(VC), R Ashwin, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Ebadot Hossain, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Virat Kohli, R Ashwin
Vice-captain – Shakib Al Hasan, Shubman Gill
Wicketkeeper – Mushfiqur Rahim
BAN vs IND 1st Test Probable Winners:
With India’s injury list growing, there is every chance that Bangladesh will see this as a great opportunity to register their first Test win over the visitors. However, India still have a very strong and experienced team and we think they will be too good for the hosts. Our prediction is for an India victory in Chattogram. Considering the team combination, India is expected to win this match.