- admin | October 10, 2021 | 9:22 am
DC vs CSK Preview
On Sunday (October 10), the IPL 2021 Qualifier 1 will feature a high-octane encounter between Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings. The Super Kings have a team with depth and experience, and some of its players have already performed in high-pressure IPL play-off circumstances. Last season, Delhi had participated in the Play-offs and the Final, but under MS Dhoni, CSK has become a master of big games. The Super Kings’ big-stage expertise cannot be discounted in Qualifier 1, as they are capable of putting on a powerful performance. Dhoni’s final season as a CSK player is likely to be his last, however, he may remain with the Yellow Army in some other position, such as mentor or director of cricket.
Match – Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Capitals – Qualifier 1
Venue – Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Time – 7:30 PM IST, 02:00 PM GMT
Where to watch live – Star Sports Network, Hotstar
On Sunday, the first qualifier of the IPL 2021 will be contested at Dubai International Cricket Stadium between Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Capitals. Both batters and bowlers will benefit from the pitch at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Batsmen consider Dubai to be the best of the three pitches used in the IPL 2021 season.
Avg first innings score: 150 (10 matches in the IPL 2021 at Dubai)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 8, Lost – 2, Tied – 0
Dubai’s weather is expected to be hot and humid. There should be no possibility of rain here, based on the forecast. It’s possible that a decent game of cricket will be played. On average, the temperature will be around 42 degrees Celsius.
Played – 25 | Delhi Capitals – 10 | Chennai Super Kings – 15 | N/R – 0
In the UAE
Played – 4 | Delhi Capitals – 3 | Chennai Super Kings – 1 | N/R – 0
DC vs CSK Playing 11
DC Predicted Playing 11
Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant (Captain/WK), Shimron Hetmyer, Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, R Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Avesh Khan, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer.
CSK Predicted Playing 11
Faf du Plessis, MS Dhoni (wk/C), Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Hazlewood., Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali, Rayudu, Suresh Raina
DC vs CSK Key players
Faf Du Plessis
With 546 runs at a strike rate of 137, Faf du Plessis leads the Chennai Super Kings in run-scoring. He’s hit 53 fours and 20 sixes in his career. In the orange cap race, he is second behind KL Rahul. The two openers, Faf Du Plesis and Ruturaj Gaikwad will be crucial to CSK’s success in the first qualifying round.
Ruturaj Gaikwad, a 22-year-old opening batsman from Pune, has been a regular performer for his side. In the fight for the orange cap, he’s not far behind Faf du Plessis. In the league stage of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2018-19, he scored the most runs for Maharashtra. The Chennai Super Kings were able to get his services at his basic price of INR 20 lacs at the IPL 2019 Player Auction.
- Prithvi Shaw’s performance against RCB in the penultimate league stage encounter would give Delhi Capitals some relief. The middle-order, on the other hand, looks to be a source of concern at the moment, as Pant has yet to show the destructive batting that is expected of him. In lieu of Hetmeyer, DC may consider bringing in Sam Billings.
- In the second leg of the IPL 2021, Delhi’s bowling is undoubtedly the finest. Batters have been continuously disturbed by the likes of Nortje, Rabada, and Avesh Khan. Axar Patel and Ashwin are also capable of breaking through for the Capitals at crucial moments.
Chennai Super Kings
- Ruturaj Gaikwad, the in-form opener for Chennai Super Kings, has been unable to produce in the previous few games, resulting in a loss for CSK. CSK suffers from the same difficulty as DC in terms of a weak middle order. Aside from Rayudu, none of the batters in the middle of the order have shown any desire to score. Robin Uthappa, Ravindra Jadeja, and Moeen Ali, on the other hand, might be useful in any circumstance.
- CSK may consider putting in Lungi Ngidi in lieu of Chennai speed attack captain Josh Hazlewood, who went for plenty in the last encounter. Shardul Thakur has routinely taken crucial wickets, and Deepak Chahar is another dangerous bowler.
DC vs CSK Match Tips
Match between DC and CSK Prediction: Both clubs have tremendous hitting strength in their respective lineups. The batting lineups might face off in a straight shootout. The chasing team should have the upper hand. All of the aces are in the hands of the Delhi Capitals. They are the most consistent and in-form team in the IPL 2021. Even though Chennai Super Kings have a lot of experience and depth, they might not be enough to keep Delhi out of the final.
Today’s match prediction: Chennai Super Kings to win the match.