- admin | July 20, 2021 | 3:33 pm
England Vs Pakistan 3rd T20I Match Prediction. Pakistan and England are involved during a few high-scoring T20Is within the three-match series. After the visitors defied the chances and won the opening game by 31 runs, the Three Lions hit back with a 45-run win.
Moeen Ali ran away with the Player of the Match award after his all-around show.
The momentum is currently in with the hosts, and Pakistan must cause their A-game to return out trumps. Another high-scoring affair seems to get on the cards for the upcoming encounter.
Match – England vs Pakistan – 3rd T20I
Venue – Old Trafford, Manchester
Time – 11:00 PM IST, 06:30 PM Local
Where to watch live – Sony Sports Network and Sony Liv
One can never predict English weather and particularly that of Old Trafford’s, but if the weather reports are to be believed, we’d just get a rain-free game on Saturday.
According to the weather report, the temperature is about to hover between 15-7 degrees, and while it might be overcast sometimes, the probabilities of rain having a big impact on the remainder are minimal.
The dig in Manchester has been a superb one for batting over the years. However, it’s favored the team batting second. Nevertheless, keeping in mind the trends within the series, sides may prefer to bat first then put runs on the board.
Avg score: 168 (10 T20Is at the Old Trafford)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 5, Lost – 2, N/R – 3, Tied- 0
Also Read India vs Srilanka 2021: Sri Lanka team needs a quick fix to get the better of rampaging India.
England vs Pakistan Playing 11
England Predicted Playing 11
1 Jason Roy, 2 Jos Buttler (wk), 3 Dawid Malan, 4 Jonny Bairstow, 5 Liam Livingstone, 6 Eoin Morgan (capt), 7 Lewis Gregory, 8 David Willey, 9 Tom Curran/Chris Jordan, 10 Adil Rashid/Matt Parkinson, 11 Saqib Mahmood
Pakistan Predicted Playing 11
Pakistan: (probable): 1 Mohammad Rizwan (wk), 2 Babar Azam (capt), 3 Fakhar Zaman, 4 Sohaib Maqsood, 5 Mohammad Hafeez, 6 Azam Khan, 7 Shadab Khan, 8 Imad Wasim, 9 Haris Rauf, 10 Mohammad Hasnain, 11 Shaheen Shah Afridi
ENG vs PAK Head-to-Head
Played – 20 | England – 13 | Pakistan – 6 | Tie – 0 |N/R – 1
Played – 11 | England – 6 | Pakistan – 4 | Tie – 0 |N/R – 1
England Vs Pakistan, Players to Watch out for
Mohammad Hafeez played a brief but valuable inning in the first T20. At the age of 40, Mohammad Hafeez has transformed himself into a T20 batter and is one of the most explosive batters on the Pakistan side. He made 24 off ten balls, and his innings helped Pakistan get to 231.
Liam Livingstone has just come out of quarantine and made a century without much training time. He was very explosive, and his innings showed his value as a limited-over batter. The innings may help him get off the bench, as Livingstone does spend a lot of time on the sidelines when the top side plays together. His innings consisted of 9 sixes, and Livingstone will be hoping to add to his tally as England look to get back in the series.
England Vs Pakistan, Team News
- Wicketkeeper batter Jos Buttler starred with the willow on his return to the side, smashing 59 from 39 balls opening the innings, whilst Liam Livingstone once more demonstrated his brute force within the middle order with some lusty blows.
- Spin-bowlers Adil Rashid and Matt Parkinson worked well within the same team on a spinning Headingley wicket, however, it’s going to be less likely to spin at Old Trafford which could lead to at least one of the 2 sittings out and on the batting front, captain Eoin Morgan may return to the team after not playing within the second T20i.
- After a fine start to their run chase, Pakistan came unstuck within the middle overs trying to take care of the high run-rate required and losing regular wickets, which ultimately saw them restricted to only 155/9 from their 20 overs.
- Whilst both captain Babar Azam and wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan got starts at the highest of the order, unlike within the first T20i neither of the 2 could convert them into big scores, which went an extended way towards their chase being unsuccessful with the remainder of the tourists’ card not nearly as strong.
- Despite the defeat, Pakistan won’t be expected to vary their side after fielding an equivalent team within the last two matches of the series, with Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, and Mohammad Hasnain spearheading their pace bowling attack.