- admin | October 15, 2021 | 3:32 am
CSK vs KKR Preview
On Friday, October 15 at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Chennai Super Kings will face Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2021 Indian Premier League Final. Seven years after the 2014 edition, the Knight Riders, led by Eoin Morgan, have qualified for an IPL final. At the Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Wednesday, the Men in Gold and Purple defeated the Delhi Capitals by three wickets. KKR just needed 11 runs in the final three overs to win, but the DC bowlers came back spectacularly.
From two balls, the Capitals’ bowlers increased the goal to six runs. In the end, KKR won thanks to Rahul Tripathi’s six off Ravi Ashwin. KKR must be cautious heading into the final after losing both of their league meetings against the Super Kings. CSK qualified for the final after defeating the Capitals by four wickets on Sunday in Dubai, led by MS Dhoni.
Match – Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Final
Venue – Dubai International Cricket Stadium
Time – 7:30 PM IST, 02:00 PM GMT
Where to watch live – Star Sports Network, Hotstar
In Dubai, the batting surface has been outstanding. However, the track has recently shown indications of slowing down. The pursuing teams have won nine of the eleven matches in the current IPL. Chasing should be the preferred strategy for teams.
Avg first innings score: 152 (11 matches in the IPL 2021 at Dubai)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 9, Lost – 2, Tied – 0
Fans and players should expect a clear sky and pleasant weather in Dubai for this exciting match. The temperature should be approximately 33 degrees Celsius on average.
CSK vs KKR Playing 11
CSK Predicted Playing 11
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shardul Thakur, Faf du Plessis, Robin Uthappa, MS Dhoni (C & WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Dwayne Bravo, Josh Hazlewood, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu
KKR Predicted Playing 11
Venkatesh Iyer, Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Shakib Al Hasan, Dinesh Karthik, Shivam Mavi, Lockie Ferguson, Varun Chakravarthy, Eoin Morgan (c), Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana
Played – 27 | Chennai Super Kings– 17 | Kolkata Knight Riders– 9 | N/R – 0
In the UAE
Played – 3 | Chennai Super Kings– 2 | Kolkata Knight Riders– 1 | N/R – 0
CSK vs KKR Key players
Venkatesh Iyer— Kolkata Knight Riders
In the IPL 2021 season, Venkatesh Iyer has been a fascinating prospect for the Knights. With 320 runs scored at an average of 40 and a strike rate of 125, he formed an unbeatable foundation. With three half-centuries under his belt, the southpaw must be feeling pretty good about himself. Iyer struck a stunning fifty in Qualifier 2 to help KKR over the finish line.
Varun Chakravarthy – Kolkata Knight Riders
The off-incentive is presently the leading gate-taker for the Knights, having taken 18 lattices at a frugality rate of6.40. The tweaker has been tough to get down on the slow and low lattices in the UAE. In the former game, he picked up two lattices and looked in great meter.
Chennai Super Kings
- Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Capitals by four wickets in a nail-biting finish to book their place in the finals. This is their 9th IPL final, the most by any team in the tournament’s history.
- Every single person has made a significant contribution to Chennai’s victory in this season. Ruturaj Gaikwad is a contender for the Emerging Player of the Year title, and he demonstrated his value in Qualifier 1 by hitting a crucial 70 runs in the winning cause. he is just 24 runs away from becoming the IPL’s highest run-scorer this year. He had a fantastic run in the IPL 2021, scoring 603 runs at an average of 46.38 in 15 matches.
- Sir Ravindra Jadeja, in addition to him, has been in excellent form this season. He can bowl 3-4 overs for his captain in fast succession without allowing the batters any time to react. So far in the IPL, he has 11 wickets at an economy rate of 6.86 and 227 runs at an average of 75.66 with the bat.
Kolkata Knight Riders
- Kolkata Knight Riders, on the other hand, kept their cool against Delhi Capitals in Qualifier 2 and won by three wickets in the final over, securing their final position. They have a perfect record in the IPL finals, and they are hoping to win the trophy for the third time. The IPL’s second leg has been incredible for them, as they have fully evolved into a formidable team.
- Varun Chakravarthy will undoubtedly earn a spot in the final eleven of the T20 World Cup if he continues to perform like this in the IPL. In this round of the IPL, he had 18 wickets at an economy rate of 6.4 in 16 matches.
CSK vs KKR Match Tips
This season, Dhoni and the team have appeared to be the calmer side, and they are likely to be a touch too good for KKR in the final. CSK appears to be in fine form, with a relaxed demeanor. They appear to have started moving in the correct direction at the appropriate moment. Dhoni looked terrific the other night, and he’s done a wonderful job leading his squad. Their batters are looking fantastic, but we believe KKR will face a stronger team in the final. We think this time csk will add another cup to their collection.
Today’s match prediction: Kolkata Knight Riders to win the match.