- Rohit Singh | March 16, 2023 | 7:04 pm
IND vs AUS, 1st ODI Preview
After India won the Test series 2-1, they begin a three-match ODI series against Australia on Friday afternoon at the Wankhede Stadium. India beat New Zealand 3-0 in this format earlier this year. Australia last played this format in late November against England. India are a very strong side at home in all formats but particularly in ODIs. They will come into this opening game of the series expecting to go 1-0 up as they prepare for the World Cup later in the year. Australia will have taken a lot of confidence from how they competed, including winning one, of the final two Tests on this tour.
IND vs AUS, 1st ODI Details
India vs Australia – 1st ODI
Venue: Wankhede Stadium – Mumbai
Date & Time: 17th March 2023 at 01:30 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports
IND vs AUS, 1st ODI Pitch Report
There are always plenty of runs on offer at this venue and we expect a par score of 300+. The wicket will be a bit quicker than we have seen across the recent Test series.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update.
Also Read: ISL vs KAR Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Probable Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For 19th Match
Also Read: LAH vs QUE Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Probable Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For 18th Match
IND vs AUS, 1st ODI Probable Playing XIs:
India Probable Playing XIs
Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (wk), Virat Kohli, Suyakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya (c), Washington Sundar, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal
Australia Probable Playing XIs
Travis Head, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc
Topmost Picks for IND vs AUS Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI:
Top Picks – India
- Virat Kohli – The right-handed top order batter comes into this game after hitting 186 in last week’s Test Match. He also hit 113 and 166 not out against Sri Lanka in the 50 over format earlier this year.
- Shubman Gill – The young opener has been in fantastic form in ODIs this year with scores of 70, 116, 208 and 112 already in this format in 2023.
Top Picks – Australia
- Steve Smith – The captain did not make a half-century across the Test series but often made a good start in his innings. He will not take unnecessary risks but will score at a good rate.
- Mitchell Starc – The left-arm pace bowler came back into the Test side for the last two games but will be particularly dangerous with his inswinging yorkers in the final overs of India’s innings.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for IND vs AUS Dream11 Team:
KL Rahul, David Warner, Steve Smith, Shubman Gill(C), Virat Kohli, Hardik Pandya, Cameron Green(VC), Ravindra Jadeja, Adam Zampa, Mohammed Shami, Mitchell Starc
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for IND vs AUS Dream11 Team:
Alex Carey, David Warner, Steve Smith(VC), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli(C), Hardik Pandya, Glenn Maxwell, Ravindra Jadeja, Adam Zampa, Mohammed Siraj, Mitchell Starc
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli
Vice-captain – Cameron Green, Steve Smith
Wicketkeeper – Alex Carey
IND vs AUS 1st ODI Probable Winners:
Australia showed plenty of fight and commitment over the last two Tests and they will be looking to carry those qualities into this first ODI. With the World Cup in the minds of all the players, this series carries extra significance and players for both sides will be wanting to secure their place ahead of the tournament. Even without Rohit Sharma, India’s batting line-up looks to be the stronger and we are backing them to win this ODI. Considering the team combination, India is expected to win this match.