- Rohit Singh | January 4, 2023 | 11:11 pm
IND vs SL, 2nd T20i Preview
The second T20i of the three-match series between India and Sri Lanka takes place on Thursday evening at the Maharashtra Stadium. The opening clash, IND vs SL was a thriller in Mumbai with India winning by two runs as they successfully defended their total of 162-5. India was nowhere near their best in Tuesday’s opening game of the series but saw big performances from a few players. We expect more players to step up in this match. Sri Lanka showed plenty of character to stay in the chase of the first match and very nearly came out on top of the final over. With a slightly better performance, they could well challenge again in this game.
IND vs SL, 2nd T20i Details
India vs Sri Lanka – 2nd T20i
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium – Pune
Date & Time: 05th January 2023 at 07:00 PM IST
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
IND vs SL, 2nd T20i Pitch Report
Quick bowlers have a better overall record in T20 fixtures at this venue than spinners and we expect that to continue in this game. A par score will be around 170 in Pune. There will be some cloud cover but with no danger of rain during the evening of this game.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: VVS Laxman is in a queue to be the next India Coach after Rahul Dravid’s Tenure
IND vs SL, 2nd T20i Probable Playing XIs:
India Probable Playing XIs
Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson, Hardik Pandya (c), Deepak Hooda, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, Yuzvendra Chahal
Sri Lanka Probable Playing XIs
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka
Topmost Picks for IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction, 2nd T20i:
Top Picks – India
- Suryakmuar Yadav – The number three batter hit one four on Tuesday and we do not think that he has suddenly become a bad player. He will enjoy the pace of the wicket and we expect a big score in this match.
- Hardik Pandya – The captain returned impressive figures of 0-12 with all three of his overs being sent down during the Powerplay. He will look forward to bowling on this pitch in Pune.
Top Picks – Sri Lanka
- Pathum Nissanka – The opener got a good delivery from the debutant, Shivam Mavi, and was bowled at the Wankhede Stadium. However, he is a level headed man and could well make a big contribution in this match.
- Maheesh Theekshana – The spinner trapped Shubman Gill lbw in his first over and turned the momentum of the game. He is a regular wicket taker across all formats on all pitches.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for IND vs SL Dream11 Team:
Sanju Samson, Suryakumar Yadav, Pathum Nissanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Shubman Gill, Dasun Shanaka, Hardik Pandya(C), Wanindu Hasaranga(VC), Harshal Patel, Dilshan Madushanka, Maheesh Theekshana
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for IND vs SL Dream11 Team:
Ishan Kishan(C), Suryakumar Yadav, Pathum Nissanka(VC), Charith Asalanka, Deepak Hooda, Dasun Shanaka, Hardik Pandya, Wanindu Hasaranga, Shivam Mavi, Umran Malik, Maheesh Theekshana
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya
Vice-captain – Pathum Nissanka, Wanindu Hasaranga
Wicketkeeper – Ishan Kishan
IND vs SL 2nd T20i Probable Winners:
It was the inexperienced fast bowlers for India who made the biggest impact on the opening game. And with this pitch likely to benefit the quick bowlers, it would not be a surprise to see the same players make the difference in Pune. Many pundits expected a competitive opening game of the series but few could have predicted such a close contest on Tuesday evening. We expect this match to be close again but are expecting India’s batters to produce more runs at the top of the order. Overall we predict that Sri Lanka will be competitive but are backing India to get another win. Considering the team combination, India is expected to win this match.