- Rohit Singh | January 15, 2023 | 3:21 am
IND vs SL, 3rd ODI Preview
The Greenfield International Stadium is the venue for the third and final ODI between India and Sri Lanka on Sunday afternoon. IND vs SL, The series has already been won by India after a 67 runs victory in Guwahati on Tuesday before a four wicket win on Thursday in Kolkata. Although there were moments when India were in trouble in Thursday’s game, they showed themselves capable of winning from another type of situation. They will be confident of recording a 3-0 win. After reducing India to 86-4, Sri Lanka were unable to take another wicket for 20 overs and lost the momentum in the second ODI. They have the players to cause India problems but we think they will struggle to win this final ODI.
IND vs SL, 3rd ODI Details
India vs Sri Lanka – 3rd ODI
Venue: Greenfield International Stadium – Thiruvananthapuram
Date & Time: 15th January 2023 at 01:30 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
IND vs SL, 3rd ODI Pitch Report
The wicket at this ground is often good for batting on and we expect the fielders on both sides to have to take any chances that come their way. A par score will be over 330 on this pitch. It will be hot and humid throughout this day-night game. Even after the sun sets, the temperature will remain above 25 degrees.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IND vs AUS: AUS takes 4 spinners & 6 quicks for test series
IND vs SL, 3rd ODI Probable Playing XIs:
India Probable Playing XIs
Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Umran Malik
Sri Lanka Probable Playing XIs
Avishka Fernando, Nuwanidu Fernando, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga de Silva, Dunith Wellalage, Chamika Karunaratne, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara
Topmost Picks for IND vs SL Dream11 Prediction, 3rd ODI:
Top Picks – India
- Virat Kohli- After two centuries in a row in this format, the number three batter struggled for fluency in his nine-ball innings at Eden Gardens. However, he has bounced back from poor scores before and will do again.
- Umran Malik– The 23 year old fast bowler has enjoyed bowling at Sri Lanka during their tour. Across the IT20s and the ODIs he has taken 12 wickets from five matches.
Top Picks – Sri Lanka
- Dasun Shanaka- The captain lasted only four balls at Eden Gardens before being bowled by Kuldeep Yadav. After being the best batter in his side across both formats. It would not be a surprise to see a big innings here.
- Chamika Karunaratne- The pace bowler has been expensive in both IT20s and ODIs. A wicket in this game will mean he has not gone wicketless in any match on this trip.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for IND vs SL Dream11 Team:
Kusal Mendis, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli(C), Nuwanidu Fernando, Rohit Sharma, Axar Patel, Dasun Shanaka(VC), Dhananjaya de Silva, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for IND vs SL Dream11 Team:
Kusal Mendis, Virat Kohli, Nuwanidu Fernando, Shreyas Iyer, Shubman Gill(C), Dasun Shanaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Mohammed Siraj(VC), Kuldeep Yadav, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli
Vice-captain – Dasun Shanaka, Mohammed Siraj
Wicketkeeper – KL Rahul
IND vs SL 3rd ODI Probable Winners:
As was shown at Eden Gardens, even when the big name players are dismissed for small scores at the top of the order, India have players who are capable of producing big scores all the way down to numbers eight and nine. However, with the World Cup less than 10 months away, we expect them to continue to select the same batters and bowlers and get them used to specific roles. Sri Lanka need to capitalise on opportunities in this ODI and if they do that then they could give India more problems than in the previous two. Considering the team combination, India is expected to win this match.