relief for IPL fans, After days of conjecture and expectations, two key-boards have cleared their minds on the participation of their players in the second and unfinished leg of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Cricket Australia (CA) and England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) have formally informed the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that they have no objection to their players taking part in the IPL, which will be held in UAE from September 19 to October 15.
Now, it’s up to the individual players whether to take part or not. This won’t be much of an issue either. Australian players like Glenn Maxwell and David Warner opted out of international tours to be available for IPL 2021 while the ECB shifted its international tour of Bangladesh to make space for the tournament.
read this news you might find it interesting- The West Indies leading the match by 34 runs with help of Brathwaite 97, Holder fifty on day two
The development was confirmed after the BCCI informed the franchises about the two boards’ go-ahead. IPL COO Hemang Amin called each franchise on Friday (August 13) to inform them about the decision of the two boards and it is now up to the individual players’ discretion whether to take part or not. The BCCI official has also told the teams that these players are available till the very end.
“We have got a call from the IPL office and have been informed that the boards have no objection to their players’ participation. It is now up to the players,” Kasi Viswanathan of Chennai Super Kings told Cricbuzz.
“Our Australian and English players (Jason Behrendorff, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali) are available,” the CEO of the franchise, which has already reached Dubai with 12 players, said. Punjab Kings’ Satish Menon too confirmed receiving the information from the BCCI.
MS Dhoni-led CSK reached Dubai for IPL 2021 on Friday, becoming the second team after defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI) to do so.
Although not many official hurdles remain now for the players’ participation in IPL 2021, there’s still some internal debate going on in the public, especially about the workload issues ahead of the T20 World Cup.
Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting, however, dismissed these concerns on Friday, saying IPL 2021 would be the “best preparation” for the players.
The whole thing was like this said by Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting “Those guys that haven’t played for three or four months now, they need to get back into the groove of playing high-quality cricket against the best players in the world. No doubt it’s their best preparation (for the T20 World Cup) to be in those exact conditions, playing in probably the strongest domestic T20 tournament in the world. All the best players in the world will be there … and I’m not just saying it because I want some of the Australian players there at the Delhi Capitals,”
Eng’s IPL players’ unlikely for Pakistan tour
With the ECB confirming players’ participation in the IPL, it is now certain that some of their first-choice players will not be going to Pakistan, where the England team is scheduled to play two Twenty20 Internationals on October 13 and 14 in Rawalpindi. As previously reported, the ECB will follow the New Zealand Cricket (NZC) formula of sending a team without the IPL recruits to Pakistan.
Arch-rivals CSK and MI will kick off the tournament on September 19, which will go on till October 15 Although the start of such ferocious rivals can give a major push for this remaining Tournament.