- admin | October 1, 2021 | 3:18 am
KKR vs PBKS Preview
Kolkata Knight Riders will clash with Punjab Kings in today’s match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021. With the three-wicket win over Delhi Capitals, the Eoin Morgan-led side’s confidence must have taken a big boost. Against Punjab Kings, they will be trying to continue their momentum and inch closer towards the Title.
The Kolkata-based franchise began their campaign of the UAE leg on a commanding note and are now residing on the fourth spot in the points table. KKR recorded spectacular wins over Bangalore and Mumbai before losing a closely fought encounter against Chennai. Against Delhi, they once again came on the winning road. When the two teams faced each other on the contrary fixture, Kolkata defeated Punjab by 5 wickets. KL Rahul-led Punjab Kings are coming on the back of a defeat against Mumbai Indians. Punjab’s batting line-up was beaten in front of a disciplined bowling effort from Mumbai.
But surely they possess a long-lasting line-up, which can tackle any score with ease. Although everything will depend on KL, how he will change the outcome of a match under his captaincy.
Match – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Punjab Kings – 45th match
Venue – Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai.
Time – 7:30 PM IST, 02:00 PM GMT
Where to watch live – Star Sports Network, Hotstar
Despite supportive batting conditions, the teams batting first have strived to get past the average score mark in the last 3 matches played here which is around 170 runs. The surface doesn’t change completely the entire course of the match. Bowling first is an invaluable option.
Avg first innings score: 157 (5 matches in the IPL 2021 at Dubai)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 3, Lost – 2, Tied – 0
Dubai is supposed to be hot and humid. The situation here should suggest that there is no possibility of rain. One could assume a good game of cricket. The average temperature will flutter around 42-degree Celsius.
Played – 28 | Kolkata Knight Riders– 19 | Punjab Kings– 9 | N/R – 0
In the UAE
Played – 3 | Kolkata Knight Riders– 1 | Punjab Kings– 2 | N/R – 0
KKR vs PBKS Predicted Playing 11
KKR Predicted Playing 11
Eoin Morgan (c), Dinesh Karthik (wk), Venkatesh Iyer, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Rana, Sunil Narine, Prasidh Krishna, Lockie Ferguson, Varun Chakravarthy, Tim Southee.
PBKS Predicted Playing 11
KL Rahul (c) & (wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Aiden Markram, Deepak Hooda, Harpreet Brar, Nathan Ellis, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh.
KKR vs PBKS Key players
The left-handed middle-order Indian batsman made his international entrance in Sri Lanka in July this year. He must develop on his half-century beginning in the tournament if KKR is to achieve.
Andre Russell is a right-handed batsman and right-arm fast bowler for KKR. He has made 183 runs and picked up 11 wickets in this season so far. He scored 45 off 27 balls in the last clash against Delhi Capitals by going all out.
KL Rahul is one of the top batters in the IPL with 380 runs at an impressive strike rate of 137 and an average of 63.33! With his ability to secure one end and score big runs at the top of the order fr team. He has struck 31 fours and 18 sixes against SRH which is telling its own.
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
- Kolkata Knight Riders have been doing extremely well in the second phase of the tournament and the praise for the same goes to their bowlers. Lockie Ferguson, occultism spinners Sunil Narine and Varun Chakravarthy continue demonstrating their value and making a vital addition with the ball. In the win against Delhi Capitals, Venkatesh Iyer and Tim Southee played well and captain Morgan would be expecting another clinical show.
- Top-order batsman Shubman Gill, Venkatesh Iyer, Rahul Tripathi, and Nitish Rana have been scoring well in the second phase of IPL in UAE. However, captain Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik’s performance remains a business for the side. Against Punjab, Kolkata would be hoping for an enhanced show.
- Punjab captain KL Rahul failed to play against Mumbai effectively. The deficiency of Mayank Agarwal from the playing XI didn’t heal Punjab either as opener Mandeep Singh was too disappointed to leave an impact. Chris Gayle who got an entry in the playing eleven after being sidelined for most of the game also failed to create convincing results.
- Barring Aiden Markram, the middle-order player play has been a matter for Punjab. Markram has been obtaining decently, ever since he made his debut for the franchise in the II phase. Bowlers have been performing well for Punjab as Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mohammed Shami have been performing well.
KKR vs PBKS Match Tips
Openers of KKR will be throwing the ball on the entire ground and will create a base for a solid score, with an aid of openers middle order and all-rounder KKR will either build up a convincing score or will chase with a good motion to record another victory in IPL by defeating PBKS.
Today’s match prediction: Kolkata Knight Riders to win the match.