- Rohit Singh | December 16, 2022 | 1:03 am
MLS vs HBH, 3rd Match Preview
Match 4 of the 2022-23 Big Bash League sees Melbourne Stars(MLS) and Hobart Hurricanes(HBH) go head to head on Friday evening at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The Stars lost their first game of this season by one wicket on Tuesday. Hobart Hurricanes reached the play-offs before being knocked out in the Eliminator last year. It was only a small wicket-keeping error which prevented Melbourne Stars’ opener going to a Super Over. If they bowl with the same accuracy, they will certainly be competitive in this game. Hobart Hurricanes had no problem making big totals last year but will need more from their bowlers in this campaign. If the bowlers can deliver then they should get off to a winning start in this match.
MLS vs HBH, 3rd Match Details
Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes – 4th Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
Date & Time: 15th December at 11:35 AM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
MLS vs HBH, 3rd Match Pitch Report
There is normally something for both the quick and spin bowlers at the MCG. The pitch has got quicker in recent years which is good news for the stroke making batters. It will be sunny with some cloud cover at times on Friday evening in Melbourne. There is no chance of rain with the temperature likely to be around 16 degrees throughout.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: Wishing a Happy Birthday to Kuldeep Yadav!
MLS vs HBH, 3rd Match Probable Playing XIs:
Hobart Hurricanes Probable Playing XIs
Matthew Wade (c) (wk), D’Arcy Short, Ben McDermott, Tim David, Shadab Khan, Jimmy Neesham, Asif Ali, Caleb Jewell, Nathan Ellis, Riley Meredith, Paddy Dooley
Melbourne Stars Probable Playing XIs
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Campbell Kellaway, Nick Larkin, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Luke Wood, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa
Topmost Picks for MLS vs HBH Dream11 Prediction, 3rd Match:
Top Picks – Hobart Hurricanes
- Riley Meredith – The pace bowler has been in good form across other formats in recent weeks. He has taken 59 BBL wickets from 45 games since making his debut in the 2017-18 tournament.
- D’Arcy Short – After hitting 444 runs in last year’s BBL campaign, Short will be looking forward to getting his latest campaign underway. Expect him to keep the scoreboard moving without taking risks in this match.
Top Picks – Melbourne Stars
- Nick Larkin – The experienced right-handed top order batter looked in good form in the opening match. He has a top score of 83 not out in the BBL.
- Trent Boult – The New Zealander enjoyed his first BBL experience although he ended up on the losing side. He dismissed Matthew Gilkes and Rilee Rossouw in the first over and will be looking to do something similar here.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for MLS vs HBH Dream11 Team:
Matthew Wade, Ben McDermott(C), Joe Clarke, D’Arcy Short, Tim David(VC), Nick Larkin, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa, Riley Meredith
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for MLS vs HBH Dream11 Team:
Ben McDermott, Burns, Zak Crawley, D’Arcy Short(C), Tim David, Nick Larkin, Beau Webster, Shadab Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile(VC), Adam Zampa, Riley Meredith
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Ben McDermott, D’Arcy Short
Vice-captain – Tim David, Nathan Coulter-Nile
Wicketkeeper – Ben McDermott
MLS vs HBH 3rd Match Probable winners:
The injury to Joe Burns, added to Glenn Maxwell’s absence through injury, makes Melbourne Stars’ batting look like it’s lacking depth. Hobart Hurricanes have a very strong batting line-up and we think this will be crucial. Melbourne Stars very nearly got off to a winning start against Sydney Thunder but in the end were beaten by a narrow margin. We expect Hobart Hurricanes, with their exceptional top order batting, to be a much tougher opposition for the Stars in this match. Overall we are backing Hobart Hurricanes to get the win at the MCG in this game. Considering the team combination, Hobart Hurricanes is expected to win this match.