- Rohit Singh | October 21, 2022 | 1:42 pm
NZ vs AUS, 13th Match Preview
Hosts Australia will kick off the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 opener by playing against New Zealand. The finalists of the T20 World Cup 2021 edition will resume the famous Trans-Tasman rivalry. Australia lost the only warm-up game they played against India. New Zealand were thrashed by South Africa in the warm-up match. Both teams will now look to get going in the first Super 12 game. Aussies did not have a good series against England in the buildup to the world cup. They lost the series 2-0 on home soil. New Zealand, have had a similar fate as they lost the final of the recently concluded tri series against Pakistan on their home soil. Both the teams would try to make sure to get a positive start in the opening game of the Super 12 to gain some momentum.
NZ vs AUS, 13th Match Details
New Zealand vs Australia – 13th Match
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
Date & Time: 19th October at 12:30 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
NZ vs AUS, 13th Match Pitch Report
The match will be played in Sydney. It is a good surface with something in for batters and bowlers. Spinners will enjoy bowling here. 160 is the par score.
- Josh Inglis’s injury has come at a bad time ruled out of series.
Also Read: T20 World Cup 2022: Super12 updates
NZ vs AUS, 13th Match Probable Playing XIs:
Australia Probable Playing XIs
David Warner, Aaron Finch(C), Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade(wk), Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa
New Zealand Probable Playing XIs
Finn Allan(wk), Devon Conway, Kane Williamson(C), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult, Adam Milne, Southee
Topmost Picks for NZ vs AUS Dream11 Prediction, 13th Match:
Top Picks – Australia
- David Warner- The veteran left handed batter has always proved to be an essential part of the team. He has by far been one of the most consistent batters for the defending champions.
- Matthew Wade– Matthew Wade’s resurgence in the shortest format of the game is credited to his ability of playing the role of a finisher. He has been in top notch form off late and has guided the Aussies to victory by finishing games.
Top Picks – New Zealand
- Kane Williamson– The Kiwi skipper has always brought out the best from his team in the ICC events. In order to end their trophy drought, Kane holds the key as he has the ability to anchor and pace the innings for his team.
- Trent Boult- Trent Boult has made a name for himself over the years in the world of cricket. On the pacy and bouncy Aussie wickets he is surely going to lead the chart in the wickets taken column.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for NZ vs AUS Dream11 Team:
Devon Conway(C), Matthew Wade, Kane Williamson, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Martin Guptill, Michael Bracewell, Marcus Stoinis(VC), Trent Boult, Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for NZ vs AUS Dream11 Team:
Devon Conway, Matthew Wade, Kane Williamson, David Warner(C), Aaron Finch, Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell(VC), Glenn Maxwell, Trent Boult, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Devon Conway, David Warner
Vice-captain – Michael Bracewell, Marcus Stoinis
Wicketkeeper – Devon Conway
NZ vs AUS 13th Match Probable winners:
Both the teams did not enjoy the best of forms entering the World Cup. All the crucial players have found their rhythm for the kangaroo. The fact that Australia have a settled core to go with the conditions in which they will be defending their title favours them. Thus, would like to start their world cup campaign with a win and some momentum. In the 15 T20I matches between these two teams Aussies have won 10 whereas the black caps have managed just four wins. Considering the team combination, Australia is expected to win this match.