- Cricket Winner | February 14, 2023 | 10:46 pm
NZ vs ENG, 1st Test Preview
England is all set to play a two-match Test series in New Zealand. Despite being ranked eighth in the world, the Kiwis are a force to be reckoned with in their home conditions. The first game will be a pink ball match at Mount Maunganui’s Bay Oval. New Zealand and England played a 2-day warm-up match against each other, which ended as a draw. While batting England posted a massive total of 465 runs in the first inning. Harry Brook smashed a splendid 97 runs off just 71 deliveries. Lawrence and Foakes played well too, scoring 85 and 57 runs respectively. Chasing the total, NewZealand was bowled out on 310 runs.
NZ vs ENG, 1st Test Details
New Zealand vs England – 1st Test
Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
Date & Time: 16th February 2023 at 06:30 AM IST
Live Streaming: Sony Ten Network
NZ vs ENG, 1st Test Pitch Report
The pitch at Bay Oval will help batters in the first two innings. However, the pitch will become difficult to bat on in the last two innings. This surface will be hard work for the pace bowlers.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IND-W vs WI-W Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Probable Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For 9th Match
NZ vs ENG, 1st Test Probable Playing XIs:
New Zealand Probable Playing XIs
Tom Latham, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Blundell, Michael Bracewell, Neil Wagner, Tim Southee, Matt Henry, Blair Tickner
England Probable Playing XIs
Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes, Ben Foakes, Matthew Potts, James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Olly Stone
Topmost Picks for NZ vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st Test:
Top Picks – New Zealand
- Kane Williamson – The right-hander probably has been one of the best batters going in the World cricket and with flat decks expected, it is likely that he will shine. His stats are amazing as well as he has 7368 runs in 88 games.
- Tom Blundell – He has been providing some gems for New Zealand in the last year. Along with Daryl Mitchell he has helped provide some crucial knocks.
Top Picks – England
- James Anderson – The pacer being the best in the format and with him having a plethora of experience, it is likely that he will shine. His stats are exceptional as he has 675 wickets in 177 games.
- Stuart Broad – He is back after missing out on the Pakistan tour. His bowling has been under some scrutiny despite his comeback, and with swinging conditions on offer Broad will want to prove that he still has a lot to offer in this English unit.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for NZ vs ENG Dream11 Team:
Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes(C), Daryl Mitchell, Michael Bracewell(VC), James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Tim Southee
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for NZ vs ENG Dream11 Team:
Ollie Pope, Joe Root(C), Tom Latham, Kane Williamson(VC), Harry Brook, Ben Stokes, Daryl Mitchell, Michael Bracewell, James Anderson, Olly Stone, Tim Southee
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Ben Stokes, Joe Root
Vice-captain – Michael Bracewell, Kane Williamson
ENGcketkeeper – Ollie Pope
NZ vs ENG 1st Test Probable Winners:
The last time New Zealand and England squared off in a Test series, it saw England whitewashing the opposition. New Zealand are winless in their last 5 games whereas England have won their previous 5 games. England under Ben Stokes are yet to lose a series. Overall in 63 games, England has won 51 whereas New Zealand has 12 wins to their name. Considering the team combination, England is expected to win this match.