- Rohit Singh | February 22, 2023 | 11:25 pm
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test Preview
The second test of the two-test match series between England and New Zealand will go on the floor on 24th February at Basin Reserve, Wellington. England took a crucial 1-0 lead by beating the hosts in the first test. This was England’s fourth win in the last four tests played against New Zealand. England continued their aggressive way of playing Test cricket in the first Test. In the first innings, Ben Duckett (84) and Harry Brook (89) scored half-centuries with a strike rate of above 100. Chasing 325 runs, New Zealand’s half innings went into the pavilion for 83 runs. Tom Blundell took matters into his hands to score 138 runs.
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test Details
New Zealand vs England – 2nd Test
Venue: Basin Reserve – Wellington
Date & Time: 24th February 2023 at 03:30 AM IST
Live Streaming: Sony Ten Network
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test Pitch Report
The pitch assists the pacers with extra swing and bounce in the first innings but switches its allegiance to the batters as the match progresses.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read:AUS-W vs IND-W Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Probable Playing XI, Pitch Report & Injury Updates For Semi Final-I
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test Probable Playing XIs:
New Zealand Probable Playing XIs
Tom Latham, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Blundell (wk), Michael Bracewell, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee (c), Scott Kuggelejin, Blair Tickner
England Probable Playing XIs
Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes (wk), Stuart Broad, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson, Jack Leach
Topmost Picks for NZ vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 2nd Test:
Top Picks – New Zealand
- Kane Williamson – The right-hander probably has been one of the best batters going in the World cricket and with flat decks expected, it is likely that he will shine. His stats are amazing as well as he has 7368 runs in 88 games.
- Tom Blundell – He has been providing some gems for New Zealand in the last year. Along with Daryl Mitchell he has helped provide some crucial knocks.
Top Picks – England
- Harry Brook – The swashbuckling player scored two half-centuries in the first test to take his overall tally of score to 623 runs in just 5 tests at an average of 77.88.
- Joe Root – Joe Root now has 1459 runs at an average of 48.63 against New Zealand. Four centuries and 7 half centuries are enough to show his threat to the Kiwi side.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for NZ vs ENG Dream11 Team:
Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes(VC), Michael Bracewell(C), Scott Kuggelejin, Tim Southee, James Anderson, Stuart Broad
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for NZ vs ENG Dream11 Team:
Tom Blundell(VC), Ben Duckett, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Harry Brook(C), Ben Stokes, Michael Bracewell, Blair Tickner, Tim Southee, James Anderson, Ollie Robinson
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Michael Bracewell, Harry Brook
Vice-captain – Ben Stokes, Tom Blundell
Wicketkeeper – Tom Blundell
NZ vs ENG 2nd Test Probable Winners:
There was a huge gap in the ability, approach and confidence levels between New Zealand and England at Mount Maunganui and the hosts will have to improve a huge amount with bat and ball if they are to challenge England in this Test. We predict a closer game than last week but the difference in Test form between the teams is very big. We are backing England to be stronger across all departments and to win again. Considering the team combination, England is expected to win this match.