- admin | September 20, 2021 | 10:40 pm
PBKS vs RR Match Preview
In the first phase of the IPl 2021, RR Sealed a victory by 55 runs over infamous SRH who is at the bottom of the point table including three wins in total in the first half with 4 losses against top Teams and a reverse fixture against PBKS
KL Rahul’s PBKS, on the other hand, suffered a 7-wicket loss to DC, who defeated them twice this season, in their most fresh outing in IPL 2021. The Punjab Kings also agonized over defeats to SRH, CSK, and KKR. Rahul and Co, however, obtained wins over Royals in the reverse fixture, RCB, and MI.
When it comes to head-to-head record in IPL, it’s a very close-knit affair with Royals winning 12 and Punjab 10 in their 22 encounters so far in the cash-rich league. Both RR and PBKS will endeavour for wins as they look to ensure a playoff spot which is a difficult task already and one more slip up will make it even harder for them to jump into the top four.
Match – Punjab Kings vs Rajasthan Royals – 32nd match
Venue – Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
Time – 7:30 PM IST, 02:00 PM GMT
Where to watch live – Star Sports Network, Hotstar
The pitch in Mumbai has been a batsman’s heaven and a bowler’s churchyard. The fact that dew is expected to play a part will make bowling a strenuous task. Hence, batting second should be the way onward. The pacers are destined to get some support from the surface.
Avg first innings score: 170 (Last 27 IPL matches in Dubai)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 10, Lost – 17, Tied – 0
The playing conditions would be transparent with the temperature around 31 degrees Celsius. The humidity will regularly be in the 40s.
PBKS vs RR Playing 11
PBKS Predicted Playing 11
Lokesh Rahul (C and wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Moises Henriques, Harpreet Brar, Adil Rashid, Mohammad Shami, Murugan Ashwin/Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh
RR Predicted Playing 11
Yashasvi Jaiswal, Liam Livingstone, Sanju Samson (C and WK), Riyan Parag, Shivam Dube, David Miller/Manan Vohra, Chris Morris, Rahul Tewatia, Chetan Sakariya, Jaydev Unadkat/Mustafizur Rahman, Tabraiz Shamsi
Played – 22 | Punjab Kings– 10 | Rajasthan Royals– 12 |N/R – 0
In the UAE
Played – 3 | Punjab Kings– 1 | Rajasthan Royals– 2 |N/R – 0
PBKS vs RR Key players
KL Rahul- Punjab Kings
KL Rahul, the Orange Cap holder of IPL 2020, has a clean record against PBKS. In nine games facing them, he has nicked 390 runs at an average and strike rate of 55.71 and 125.40 respectively. The right-hander has also scored four fifties fronting them with a top score of an unbeaten 95.
Chris Morris– Rajasthan Royals
Chris Morris is set to make his appearance for the Royals and he is expected to guide their bowling attack in the first game. Against Punjab, the speeder has bowled 40 overs in which he has picked up 13 wickets with figures of 3/23 and a modest economy rate of 6.88. Not to forget that Morris can be more than helpful with the bat in hand and can churn out some lusty blows in need.
- Punjab Kings Punjab Kings will see the return of their captain KL Rahul to the 11 beside a few more changes as they succeeded the likes of Riley Meredith, Dawid Malan, and Jhye Richardson with Aiden Markram, Adil Rashid, and Nathan Ellis. With the wickets supporting slower bowlers, Punjab may opt for players fit for the role.
- Punjab Kings currently sit level on points with Rajasthan, but below them within the table having played and lost game quite their opponents
- Rajasthan Royals resume their 2021 IPL campaign in fifth-place with three wins and 4 defeats from their seven matches played thus far.
- Rajasthan Royals The Royals have substituted Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer and Andrew Tye with Evin Lewis, Oshane Thomas, Glenn Phillips and Tabraiz Shamsi going into the second part of IPL 2021. And with many variations to the squad and the return of few stars, who fumbled out in the first half, the Royals will make quite a few changes to their Squad.
PBKS vs RR Match Tips
Both teams possess a strong batting line-up but might strive in the bowling department. Given the circumstances at the venue, the chasing team would have a large advantage.
Today’s match prediction: Rajasthan Royals to win the match.