- admin | October 27, 2021 | 4:34 pm
Scotland vs Namibia T20 World Cup 2021 On Wednesday, October 27 at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, Scotland and Namibia will face off in Match No.21 of the T20 World Cup. Namibia, captained by Gerhard Erasmus, began the tournament with a loss to Sri Lanka before going on to overcome Ireland and the Netherlands. The addition of David Wiese to the club has significantly improved their lineup. Scotland, on the other side, won all three of its Qualifiers games. Afghanistan, on the other hand, shocked them with a 130-run defeat in Abu Dhabi on Monday. In Twenty20 Internationals, Scotland has failed to defeat Namibia.
Match: Namibia vs Scotland – Match 21
Date – 27 October 2021
Time: 07:30 PM IST
Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
In the forthcoming match, the pitch in Abu Dhabi is considered to offer a significant challenge to the hitters. The bowlers are the ones who are most likely to make money. The forthcoming game isn’t expected to be particularly high-scoring. Chasing should be chosen for the game.
Average score: 141 (53 T20Is in Abu Dhabi)
Record of Chasing teams: Won – 29, Lost – 24, Tied – 0
The weather will be hot and humid here. The weather here should indicate that there is no chance of rain. A good game of cricket might be expected. The temperature will be around 42 C.
Matches- 2, Scotland – 0, Namibia – 2, Tied- 0
Scotland vs Namibia Playing 11
Scotland Predicted Playing 11
Mark Watt, Josh Davey, Safyaan Sharif, Bradley Wheal, George Munsey, Calum MacLeod, Michael Leask, Chris Greaves, Kyle Coetzer (c), Matthew Cross (wk), Richie Berrington
Namibia Predicted Playing 11
Zane Green (wk), Craig Williams, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz, JJ Smit, Jan Frylinck, Michael van Lingen, Gerhard Erasmus (c), David Wiese, Pikky Ya France
One of the main reasons Namibia qualified for the T20 World Cup Super 12s is because of David Wiese. In the first round, the veteran was undoubtedly Namibia’s best hitter. The right-hander scored 100 runs in three innings for an average of 100 and a strike rate of 163.93 in three games.
Josh Davey has been a standout performer for Scotland in the current T20 World Cup. The right-arm fast bowler has nine wickets at an economy rate of sub-seven in four games. He also took four wickets in a match against Papua New Guinea. In their forthcoming game, the Namibia hitters must play him with caution.
- Scotland suffered a forging at the hands of Afghanistan in their opening match of the Super 12s and they will need to produce a big performance to put that trouble behind them.
- The Scots were thrashed by 130 runs as they plodded with both club and ball with the pressure now falling on the likes of George Munsey and Richie Berrington to produce the goods with the club after Scotland posted just 60 runs in their defeat to the Afghans.
- Namibia pulled off a shock as they defeated Ireland in their final group game to advance to the Super 12 stage of the event in what’s their first participation in a T20 World Cup.
- The Namibians were excellent as they made it back-to-back triumphs with David Wiese securing the Player of the Match for the alternate time in the race with a superb quick-fire knock of 28 * from just 14 balls while he is also minced in with two lattices.
Scotland vs Namibia Match Tips
Scotland will be anxious to put their nightmare against Afghanistan behind them in a game against Namibia that is extremely winnable. Namibia, being the tournament’s lowest-ranked squad, has already accomplished a great deal to reach this level and can play without fear. They’ve already won two of their first three games, but this one may go anyway. With that in mind, individual player markets may provide value, and with David Wiese hitting seven sixes in four games, he can hit at least one in this game to exploit Scotland’s weak bowling unit, who yielded 190 runs last time out. Namibia presently appears to be in good shape to win.
Today’s match prediction Namibia to win the match.