- Rohit Singh | October 15, 2022 | 5:41 pm
SL vs NAM, 1st Match Preview
After winning the Asia cup, Sri Lanka will be eyeing a good show in the T20 World Cup. However, they will have to go through a qualifying round to make it to the Super 12s. SL would fancy themselves against the likes of Namibia, Netherlands and UAE. They will face Namibia in their first game. While Sri Lanka will start as favourites, Namibia have some good players up their sleeves who can shock Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka and Namibia played one warm-up game before this match and both teams picked up wins. Sri Lanka defeated Zimbabwe while Namibia defeated Ireland.
SL vs NAM, 1st Match Details
Namibia vs Sri Lanka – 1st Match
Venue: Simonds Stadium, Geelong
Date & Time: 16th October at 9:30 AM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
SL vs NAM, 1st Match Pitch Report
The surface should be batting-friendly. The wickets in Australia are hard thus it’s easy to score runs here. However, the bowlers also have a slight advantage with extra bounce. It will be a cold and cloudy day with more than a 50 per cent chance of rain. The temperatures can dip to 4 degrees which will make it very challenging for the players.
No Injury. It will be added when there is an update
Also Read: BCCI set to launch five-team women’s IPL in March 2023
SL vs NAM, 1st Match Probable Playing XIs:
Namibia Probable Playing XIs
Gerhard Erasmus(C), Divan la Cock, Jonathan Smit, D Wiese, M van Lingen, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Zane Green, Jan Frylinck, R Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz, Ben Shikongo
Sri Lanka Probable Playing XIs
Pathum Nissanka, D Gunathilaka, B Rajapaksa, D Shanaka(C), D de Silva, W Hasaranga, C Karunaratne, K Mendis, M Theekshana, D Chameera, D Madushanka
Topmost Picks for SL vs NAM Dream11 Prediction, 1st Match:
Top Picks – Namibia
- Ruben Trumplemann- Ruben Trumplemann is a 24 year old South African born Namibian cricketer whose name will be heard quite a bit in the years to come.
- David Weise– The experienced all-rounder will be key for Namibia. He has plenty of experience playing against top-quality players, both in international as well as franchise cricket.
Top Picks – Sri Lanka
- Kusal Mendis- The senior batter performed well in the warm-up game against Zimbabwe and scored 54 runs in 29 balls. Mendis also had a decent run in the Asia Cup and scored over 150 runs. He will be a key player for Sri Lanka in the T20 World Cup.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa- Bhanuka Rajapaksa has established himself as a dependable batter for Sri Lanka in the middle order. The left-hander top scored for Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup with 191 runs in 6 games at an average of 47.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for SL vs NAM Dream11 Team:
Kusal Mendis(C), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Jonathan Smit, Pathum Nissanka, Gerhard Erasmus, David Wiese(VC), Wanindu Hasaranga, Jan Frylinck, Chameera, Ruben Trumplemann
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for SL vs NAM Dream11 Team:
Kusal Mendis, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Jonathan Smit, Pathum Nissanka(C), Gerhard Erasmus(VC), M van Lingen, David Wiese, Jan Frylinck, Chameera, Bernard Scholtz, Theekshana
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Kusal Mendis, Pathum Nissanka
Vice-captain – David Wiese, Gerhard Erasmus
Wicketkeeper – Kusal Mendis
SL vs NAM 1st Match Probable Winners:
Sri Lanka and Namibia, both the teams are a part of Group A along with the United Arab Emirates and the Netherlands. The top two teams from this group will move to the Super 12 Stage which will start from the next Saturday. Both teams played one warm-up game and won the same. Sri Lanka defeated Zimbabwe by 33 runs after scoring 188 runs for the loss of five wickets. Kusal Mendis and Wanindu Hasaranga played a key role for Sri Lanka with the bat in that game. Considering the team combination, Sri Lanka is expected to win this match.