- admin | September 2, 2021 | 9:01 am
Sri Lanka vs South Africa 1st ODI Match Prediction. South Africa and Sri Lanka are ready to require part during a three-match ODI series, starting Thursday, September 2 at the R Premadasa Stadium. The Proteas are going to be led by Temba Bavuma, but won’t be having the services of Quinton de Kock, who will make his comeback within the subsequent T20I series.
The Lankans, recently, beat India during a T20I series and would be high on confidence. The series may be a part of the Super League for the planet Cup and 30 details are up for grabs within the series.
Match – Sri Lanka vs South Africa – 1st ODI
Venue – R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Time – 03:00 PM IST, 09:30 AM GMT
Where to watch live – Sony Sports Network, Sony LIV
The dig in Colombo has been a reasonably sporting one, especially over the last 10 years. However, within the recent ODI series between India and Sri Lanka, the spinners came into the image. Chasing should be the way forward on the surface.
Avg score: 263 (38 ODIs in Colombo since January 2010)
Temperatures in Colombo on Thursday are expected to be within the mid-20s. There are chances of rain within the morning and within the afternoon.
Sri Lanka vs South Africa Playing 11
Sri Lanka Predicted Playing 11
Avishka Fernando, Minod Bhanuka (wk), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka (c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Nuwan Pradeep, Akila Dananjaya, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Ja
South Africa Predicted Playing 11
Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, Heinrich Klaasen (wk), Dwaine Pretorius, George Linde, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi
Must read India vs England, 4th Test: England captain Joe Root has plenty to ponder ahead of the Oval Test.
SL vs SA Head-to-Head
Played – 77 | Sri Lanka – 31 |South Africa – 44 | N/R – 1 | Tied- 1
In Sri Lanka
Played – 24 | Sri Lanka – 16 |South Africa – 7 | N/R – 0 | Tied- 1
Sri Lanka vs South Africa key Players
Temba Bavuma– South Africa
Temba Bavuma has decent numbers in ODI cricket. The right-hander has notched 461 runs from 12 games at a mean of 46.10 and a strike rate of 89.51. He has two half-centuries and one century to point out for his efforts.
Tabraiz Shamsi- South Africa
Tabraiz Shamsi has been outstanding for whichever team he has played for over a previous couple of months. The left-arm wrist spinner has churned out quite a few decent spells for his team. On the rear of his spells, he has also become ICC’s No.1 ranked T20I bowler. Shamsi will again be expected to deliver within the upcoming encounter.
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka has endured an incredibly poor year when it involves 50 over cricket, losing series to West Indies, Bangladesh, England, and last, an India team without the bulk of their limited-overs stars thanks to matching game duty.
- Despite being recruited by Royal Challengers Bangalore for the IPL later this month, both all-rounder Wanindu Hasaranga and fast bowler Dushmantha Chameera will feature for the hosts during this series before joining up with the Indian franchise.
- Experienced batter Kusal Perera may be a doubt for this first ODI having suffered from Covid-19 in August, whilst also nursing a shoulder injury
- South Africa was last in ODI action this past July as they contested a 1-1 draw away during a three-match series suffering from inclement weather.
- A number of key players will miss this series against Sri Lanka like wicketkeeper batter Quinton de Kock (rested), bowler Lungi Ngidi (personal reasons), and all-rounder David Miller (rested).
- Bowler Junior Dala has been called up to the squad and will feature for the primary time since 2018, although he faces stiff competition for an area with fast bowlers Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, and Dwaine Pretorious all among the squad.