- admin | September 10, 2021 | 8:01 pm
Sri Lanka Vs South Africa 1st T20I Match Prediction. Sri Lanka is gearing up to require on South Africa within the first T20I of the three-match series. Having clinched the ODI leg 2-1, the Lankan Lions would be high confidence and they’ll be determined to urge another victory in their cabinet.
On the opposite hand, the Proteas side must work on their weak points to urge a favorable result. Notably, the high-voltage T20 World Cup is simply over a month away. Hence, both teams would view this series as a perfect preparation opportunity. Hence, both camps might try some permutations and combinations.
Sri Lanka vs South Africa, 1st T20I
Venue: R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Date & Time: September 10th, at 8:00 PM IST and Local Time
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
Must-read ongoing Ind vs. Eng Test series has shuffled the ICC Test Ranking of many players.
Sri Lanka vs South Africa Playing 11
Sri Lanka Playing 11
Kusal Perera, Avishka Fernando, Kamindu Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Praveen Jayawickrama, Maheesh Theekshana
South Africa Playing 11
Quinton de Kock, Aiden Markram, Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der dussen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, George Linde, Kagiso Rabada, Bjorn Fortuin, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shams.
Sri Lanka vs South Africa key Players
Wanindu Hasaranga has been on a roll lately and Sri Lanka would be relying on him. The leg-spinner scalped four wickets within the ODI series. He can contribute with the bat also.
Aiden Markram has proven his mettle within the shortest international format. He also did well within the ODI leg, accumulating 119 runs.
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sri Lanka came out on top within the ODI series with South Africa because of an excellent bowling effort within their final contest but this may be a special challenge in the shortest sort of the sport.
- The Sri Lankans were ready to defend their total of 203/9 thanks largely to a four-wicket effort from Maheesh Theekshana as he helped to bowl the Proteas out for 125
- They will hope to create thereon during this T20i series as they build up their preparations for the T20 World Cup .
- South Africa fell short within their quest to overturn a 1-0 deficit within the ODI series as they did not repose on their victory in the second game with Sri Lanka dominating the ultimate game to seal the series win.
- A poor effort with the bat cost the Proteas but they’re going to be confident of putting that behind them with key man Quinton de Kock.
- South Africa have performed well in their recent T20i outings, winning six of their last eight games and with the hosts struggling for form, this might be a perfect match for the tourists to create some momentum before the T20 World Cup.