- Rohit Singh | December 28, 2022 | 4:08 pm
SCO vs STA, 20th Match Preview
Perth Scorchers and Melbourne Stars face-off on Thursday evening in Match 20 of the 2022-23 Big Bash League at the Optus Stadium, Perth. The hosts and reigning champions have picked up three wins from their opening four fixtures, whereas the Stars have registered only one victory. Perth Scorchers have been beaten in only one fixture so far in this campaign and will be very confident against a side they beat by 61 runs in Match 12. Melbourne Stars have not been able to find their best cricket in their last two matches and will struggle to regain their form against a Perth Scorchers team who are in strong form.
SCO vs STA, 20th Match Details
Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers – 20th Match
Venue: Junction Oval – Melbourne
Date & Time: 29th December at 03:45 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
SCO vs STA, 20th Match Pitch Report
There is always pace for the quick bowlers but also turn and bounce for the spinners on this wicket. We expect a par score of around 185. Partly cloudy throughout although we do not anticipate any rain falling during the match. The temperature could get up to 25 degrees for the start of the game.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IPL 2023: Impact Player key points
SCO vs STA, 20th Match Probable Playing XIs:
Perth Scorchers Probable Playing XIs
Adam Lyth, Faf du Plessis, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis (wk), Ashton Turner (c), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou
Melbourne Stars Probable Playing XIs
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Luke Wood, Campbell Kellaway, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa (c)
Topmost Picks for SCO vs STA Dream11 Prediction, 20th Match:
Top Picks – Perth Scorchers
- Jhye Richardson – The 26 year old right arm fast bowler missed out on Test selection due to a slight injury at the end of last month but that has been the gain for the Scorchers. Richardson has seven wickets already in this campaign.
- Faf du Plessis – The South African opener hit three fours and three sixes with a strike-rate of 200 against Hobart Hurricanes in BBL 2022. He is a destructive batter who could win this game on his own.
Top Picks – Melbourne Stars
- Joe Clarke – The English keeper-batter hit five half-centuries for the Stars in the 2021-22 BBL season and was in fine form striking nine fours and four sixes against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Adam Zampa – The skipper and leg-spinner should enjoy bowling on this wicket at the Junction Oval. He has conceded 27 runs in both of the first two games and picked up five wickets in total.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for SCO vs STA Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke(C), Josh Inglis, Faf du Plessis(VC), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Ashton Turner, Hilton Cartwright, Aaron Hardie, Jhye Richardson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for SCO vs STA Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke, Josh Inglis, Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Nick Larkin, Aaron Hardie, Jhye Richardson(C), Nathan Coulter-Nile(VC), Andrew Tye
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Joe Clarke, Jhye Richardson
Vice-captain – Faf du Plessis, Nathan Coulter-Nile
Wicketkeeper – Joe Clarke
SCO vs STA 20th Match Probable winners:
Perth Scorchers won both their matches played at this venue so far. They also have momentum and form on their side and will look to continue their winning streak. Perth Scorchers are placed at the 2nd spot in the Big Bash League 2022-23 points table with 3 wins and one loss from their 4 matches of the league. The team has 6 points. Melbourne Stars batting line-up is struggling with lack of consistency and need to step up their game in this crucial encounter. We expect Perth Scorchers to win this match. Considering the team combination, Perth Scorchers is expected to win this match.