- Rohit Singh | January 6, 2023 | 12:04 am
STA vs SIX, 31th Match Preview
Match 31 of the 2022-23 Big Bash League sees Melbourne Stars take on Sydney Sixers at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Friday evening. Five points separate the teams in the table with Sydney Sixers in third place with Melbourne Stars at the foot of the league. Melbourne Stars are bottom of the table and have not been able to string together successive wins in the tournament. They face a tough evening against a strong Sydney Sixers team in this game. Although they have not won either of their last two matches. Sydney Sixers have been playing good cricket and are in a strong position in the competition.
STA vs SIX, 31th Match Details
Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars – 31th Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
Date & Time: 06th January 2023 at 01:00 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
STA vs SIX, 31th Match Pitch Report
The average BBL first innings score in 2022 is 141. We expect a pitch which offers a great deal of movement for the quick bowlers and some turn for the spin bowlers. There will be clear skies throughout this contest at the MCG with sunny weather across the first half of the game.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IND vs SL: SL wins by 16 runs
STA vs SIX, 31th Match Probable Playing XIs:
Melbourne Stars Probable Playing XIs
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Campbell Kellaway, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Luke Wood, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa (c)
Sydney Sixers Probable Playing XIs
Josh Philippe (wk), James Vince, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques (c), Jordan Silk, Dan Christian, Hayden Kerr, Ben Dwarshuis, Sean Abbott, Chris Jordan, Steve O’Keefe
Topmost Picks for STA vs SIX Dream11 Prediction, 31th Match:
Top Picks – Melbourne Stars
- Joe Clarke – After an excellent 2022 for Melbroune Stars, 2023 could not have started any worse for Clarke who got a golden duck in the Melbourne derby, He will relish the opportunity to make amends at the same ground in this match.
- Luke Wood – The English left-arm pace bowler continues to enjoy his first experience of the BBL. He comes into this game as Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker.
Top Picks – Sydney Sixers
- Jordan Silk – The 30-year-old middle-order batter is Sydney Sixers’ highest run scorer in the BBL 2022-23 so far and he will look to be attacking whatever the match situation when he comes to the crease in this game.
- Sean Abbott – The BBL all-time leading wicket-taker went wicketless for the first time in this season’s tournament on Wednesday. With Andrew Tye closing in on his tally, expect Abbott to go hunting for wickets again at the MCG.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for STA vs SIX Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke, Nick Larkin, Hilton Cartwright, Kurtis Patterson, James Vince, Beau Webster(VC), Hayden Kerr(C), Sean Abbott, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa, Jackson Bird
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for STA vs SIX Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke(C), Josh Philippe(VC), Nick Larkin, Kurtis Patterson, Jordan Silk, Beau Webster, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Luke Wood, Adam Zampa, Steve O’Keefe
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Hayden Kerr, Joe Clarke
Vice-captain – Beau Webster, Josh Philippe
Wicketkeeper – Joe Clarke
STA vs SIX 31th Match Probable winners:
There is plenty of experience and quality in the Melbourne Stars XI but for whatever reason, they have been unable to get many wins. Sydney Sixers have a ruthless streak and we expect to see this in full at the MCG. Although Melbourne Stars are bottom of the table, we expect them to be competitive in this game. Overall, we expect Sydney Sixers to outperform Melbourne Stars with the bat and our prediction is for Sydney Sixers to return to winning ways in this match. Considering the team combination, Sydney Sixers is expected to win this match.