- Rohit Singh | January 11, 2023 | 9:20 pm
STA vs STR, 38th Match Preview
Match 38 sees Melbourne Stars take on Adelaide Strikers at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in the 2022-23 Big Bash League. The Stars come into this game bottom of the table with only four points from nine games. The Strikers are in third place with 10 points. Melbourne Stars have struggled across the tournament and losing Trent Boult and Marcus Stoinis makes their team even weaker. They are up against a strong and in-form Adelaide Strikers XI. Adelaide Strikers have got through their dip in form and are now building momentum again as we approach the end of the group stage. They will be very confident of returning from Melbourne with another win.
STA vs STR, 38th Match Details
Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers – 38th Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
Date & Time: 12th January 2023 at 01:45 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
STA vs STR, 38th Match Pitch Report
A par score on this wicket will be between 170-180. There will be slow turn for the spinners and the pace bowlers will be the biggest threat on this pitch. Any late afternoon cloud will be burnt off by a powerful sun at the start of this game.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IND vs AUS: AUS takes 4 spinners & 6 quicks for test series
STA vs STR, 38th Match Probable Playing XIs:
Adelaide Strikers Probable Playing XIs
Matthew Short (c), Ryan Gibson, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen (wk), Benjamin Manenti, Henry Thornton, Wes Agar, Harry Conway
Melbourne Stars Probable Playing XIs
Joe Clarke, Thomas Rogers, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Nick Larkin, James Seymour, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchliffe, Luke Wood, Liam Hatcher, Adam Zampa (c)
Topmost Picks for STA vs STR Dream11 Prediction, 38th Match:
Top Picks – Adelaide Strikers
- Matthew Short – He has been the top run-scorer for Adelaide Strikers with 177 runs at a strike rate of 130. He has struck 7 sixes and 16 fours. Also the premium pick as a bowler with a superb spell of 2-0-11-2 in the match
- Henry Thornton – He has been the best bowler for Adelaide Strikers and has picked up 14 wickets while bowling at an average of 7 and an economy rate of 6.29. His bowling has been phenomenal in the league so far.
Top Picks – Melbourne Stars
- Joe Clarke – The wicket-keeper batsman is the top run-scorer for Melbourne Stars with 157 runs at a strike rate of 142. He has struck 7 sixes and 14 fours. Beau Webster has also made 149 runs at a strike rate of 130.
- Luke Wood – Luke Wood has been the best bowler for Melbourne Stars and has picked up 9 wickets while bowling at an average of 15 and an economy rate of 8.56.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for STA vs STR Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke, Hilton Cartwright, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Beau Webster(VC), Matthew Short(C), Nick Larkin, Henry Thornton, Wes Agar, Luke Wood, Liam Hatcher
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for STA vs STR Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke(VC), Hilton Cartwright, Chris Lynn(C), Adam Hose, Beau Webster, Matthew Short, Thomas Rogers, Colin de Grandhomme, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Wes Agar, Luke Wood
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Chris Lynn, Matthew Short
Vice-captain – Joe Clarke, Beau Webster
Wicketkeeper – Joe Clarke
STA vs STR 38th Match Probable winners:
With Marcus Stonis out of the side, Melbourne Stars’ batting looks even weaker than before. On the other hand, Adelaide Strikers have the top two run scorers in the tournament by a long distance. Although the Stars won the clash between the teams on New Year’s Eve, that was in the middle of Adelaide Strikers’ poor run of form. Since then, the Strikers batters have gone up a level and Melbourne Stars have failed to win another game. Considering the team combination, Adelaide Strikers is expected to win this match.