- Rohit Singh | December 25, 2022 | 5:01 pm
SYS vs MLS, 15th Match Preview
Match 15 of the 2022-23 Big Bash League sees Sydney Sixers take on Melbourne Stars at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Monday afternoon. Both teams have played three, lost two and won one match across the tournament so far with the Sixers first win coming in their last fixture. Sydney Sixers were beaten in their first two games but will be hoping that their win over Hobart Hurricanes is the first of many. Their squad is far too strong to be struggling and we expect them to climb the table. Melbourne Stars have only won the match when Joe Clarke produced incredible innings and need more from across their team in this game.
SYS vs MLS, 15th Match Details
Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars – 15th Match
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney
Date & Time: 26th December at 12:35 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
SYS vs MLS, 15th Match Pitch Report
It is an excellent batting wicket at the SCG and we saw big scores here in the T20 World Cup as well as a strong run-rate in the rain affected Sixers v Hurricanes game on Thursday. It will be warm and sunny at the start of this match before cooling a little after the sun sets.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: Ban vs Ind, Day 3: India 45-4 at stumps, need 100 to win 2nd Test
SYS vs MLS, 15th Match Probable Playing XIs:
Melbourne Stars Probable Playing XIs
Joe Clarke (wk), Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Marcus Stonis, Nick Larkin, Hilton Cartwright, Campbell Kellaway, Luke Wood, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa (c)
Sydney Sixers Probable Playing XIs
Kurtis Patterson, Josh Philippe (wk), James Vince, Moises Henriques (c), Jordan Silk, Dan Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Steve O’Keefe, Naveen ul-Haq, Todd Murphy
Topmost Picks for SYS vs MLS Dream11 Prediction, 15th Match:
Top Picks – Melbourne Stars
- Joe Clarke- The keeper-batter has delivered four catches and a century across his dual responsibilities in the first three games. This pitch should be one of the best for batting and he has the talent to star in this game.
- Luke Wood- The English left-arm pace bowler has had an excellent recent few months. He made his international debut in Pakistan in October and took his first T20 five-wicket haul on Thursday
Top Picks – Sydney Sixers
- Josh Phillipe- Although no player has hit a half-century for the Sixers yet this season, Philippe looked in strong form in the last game and has an excellent BBL record at the SCG.
- Hayden Kerr– The all-rounder is already having a strong individual season in BBL 2022-23. Across the last two games he has hit 74 runs and taken three wickets.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for SYS vs MLS Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke, Nick Larkin, Hilton Cartwright, Kurtis Patterson, James Vince, Beau Webster(VC), Hayden Kerr(C), Sean Abbott, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa, Jackson Bird
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for SYS vs MLS Dream11 Team:
Joe Clarke(C), Josh Philippe(VC), Nick Larkin, Kurtis Patterson, Jordan Silk, Beau Webster, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Luke Wood, Adam Zampa, Steve O’Keefe
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Hayden Kerr, Joe Clarke
Vice-captain – Beau Webster, Josh Philippe
Wicketkeeper – Joe Clarke
SYS vs MLS 15th Match Probable winners:
Melbourne Stars required a century from opener Joe Clarke to pick up their victory but we expect Sydney Sixers’ experienced bowling attack to be too strong in this match. This should be an excellent game on Boxing Day in Sydney and we expect to see a big crowd in to witness the contest. Both teams would have preferred stronger starts to this BBL but the Sixers were more impressive in their last match than the Stars. Many of the Sixers players have their best T20 records at this venue and we are backing them to win this game. Considering the team combination, Sydney Sixers is expected to win this match.