- Rohit Singh | January 26, 2023 | 11:41 pm
THU vs HEA, Eliminator Preview
Sydney Thunder host Brisbane Heat in the Eliminator on Friday evening, the first play-off game of the 2022-23 Big Bash League. THU vs HEA, Thunder finished the group stage in fourth place with 14 points. Heat ended with 13 points, one place behind. Sydney Thunder have been very inconsistent in the tournament but come into the play-offs with two wins from their last three. If they play to their potential then they will be very hard to defeat. Brisbane Heat have played excellent cricket over the last two weeks to get themselves into the play-offs and they will certainly not fear Sydney Thunder in this match.
THU vs HEA, Eliminator Details
Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat – Eliminator
Venue: Sydney Showground Stadium – Sydney
Date & Time: 27th January 2023 at 01:45 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
THU vs HEA, Eliminator Pitch Report
There are plenty of runs on offer on this surface with a par score around 170. The quick bowlers will enjoy the pace and carry from this surface. It will be very cloudy and humid on Friday evening in Sydney.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: Can Marnus Labuschagne Handle India’s Trial By Spin?
THU vs HEA, Eliminator Probable Playing XIs:
Brisbane Heat Probable Playing XIs
Usman Khawaja (c), Josh Brown, Marnus Labuschagne, Matt Renshaw, Sam Hain, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Michael Neser, James Bazley, Matthew Kuhnemann, Spencer Johnson, Mitchell Swepson
Sydney Thunder Probable Playing XIs
Matthew Gilkes (wk), David Warner, Jason Sangha, Oliver Davies, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Ben Cutting, Chris Green (c), Nathan McAndrew, Gurinder Sandhu, Usman Qadir
Topmost Picks for THU vs HEA Dream11 Prediction, Eliminator:
Top Picks – Brisbane Heat
- Michael Neser- the pace bowling all-rounder took his third four-wicket haul of the tournament against Hobart Hurricanes. Only Sean Abbott and Andew Tye have taken more wickets than him in BBL12.
- Jimmy Peirson- the keeper-batter has been a very consistent source of runs for Brisbane Heat throughout this campaign. He has scored only one half-century but contributed 323 runs in total.
Top Picks – Sydney Thunder
- Daniel Sams- the left-arm quick bowler has a good record against Brisbane Heat in BBL 2023 with two wickets in both games during the group stage. He top scored in the final group game on Wednesday.
- Oliver Davies- the 22 year old has had an excellent BBL campaign but has fallen for single figure scores in each of his last three innings. Now would be a great time to hit some form again.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for THU vs HEA Dream11 Team:
Jimmy Peirson, Matthew Gilkes, David Warner, Oliver Davies, Usman Khawaja, Michael Neser, James Bazley(C), Daniel Sams, Mitchell Swepson, Chris Green(VC), Nathan McAndrew
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for THU vs HEA Dream11 Team:
Jimmy Peirson, Matthew Gilkes, Alex Ross, Oliver Davies, Sam Hain, Michael Neser(C), James Bazley, Daniel Sams(VC), Mitchell Swepson, Spencer Johnson, Usman Qadir
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – James Bazley, Michael Neser
Vice-captain – Chris Green, Daniel Sams
Wicketkeeper – Jimmy Peirson
THU vs HEA Eliminator Probable winners:
Neither team has shown much consistency with the bat throughout this tournament and, Michael Neser aside, the bowling has also not been too strong. Sydney Thunder’s bowling attack delivered on Wednesday and they may well do so again in this match. Play-offs in any sport are great to watch, even for the neutral, and the BBL is no different. Neither team has performed to the best of their ability throughout this competition and whoever is knocked out will have had a disappointing tournament. We expect plenty of movement for the quick bowlers with high humidity and thunderstorms in the area. Considering the team combination, Sydney Thunder is expected to win this match.