- admin | August 4, 2021 | 11:53 am
England vs India 1st Test Match Prediction. England lost their previous Test series against New Zealand 1-0 and therefore the unavailability of their premier all-rounder Ben Stokes makes them more vulnerable.
On the opposite hand, India doesn’t have fond memories of England soil within the Test format. The last time that they had won the series here was way back in 2007, under the leadership of Rahul Dravid. India has injury concerns heading into this series, with opener Mayank Agarwal already ruled out of the first Test thanks to a concussion. they could play extra pacer within the eleven and field just one spinner.
England vs India, 1st Test
Venue: Trent Bridge, Nottingham
Date & Time: August 4th to August 8th, at 3:30 PM IST and 11:00 AM Local Time
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network
Rain could alright play spoilsport within the 1st Test, with showers expected on all five days of the match. Days 2, 3, and 4 might be especially affected, with showers forecast during match timings. the typical temperature should be around 20 degrees celsius over five days.
It’s a result-oriented surface. It’s getting to be a tough task for the batters to tackle the swing and seam within the initial stages, but afterward, the surface is predicted to die.
Also read Ben Stokes took a Break From Cricket; Joe Root says “I Just Want My Friend To Be Ok”
England vs India Playing 11
England Predicted Playing 11
Rory Burns, Haseeb Hameed/ Dominic Sibley, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root (C), Jos Buttler (WK), Daniel Lawrence, Ollie Robinson/Sam Curran, Stuart Broad, Mark Wood, James Anderson, and Jack Leach.
India Predicted Playing 11
KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin/Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj
England vs India Playing 11 key Players
Virat Kohli – India
Virat Kohli was criticized by the cricketing fraternity for his poor show here way back in 2014, but he shut everyone’s mouth and let his willow do the talking within the 2018 series, where he scored 593 runs and ended because the leading run-scorer of that series.
Joe Root – England
England skipper Joe Root is ranked 5th within the ICC Test Rankings. he’s one among the foremost adaptable batters from the present generation players, who scored runs across the planet . he’s in need of 286 to succeed in the landmark of 9000 runs in Test cricket.
Sam Curran – England
Sam Curran can fill the barren of Ben Stokes during this series. He got success against India in 2018, where he went on to attain 272 runs in 4 matches and scalped 11 wickets, with the simplest figures of 4 for 74.
James Anderson – England
Swing king James Anderson has recently achieved a milestone by learning 1000 first-class wickets. he’s always a nightmare for the Indian batters in these conditions
Mohammed Shami – India
Mohammed Shami is documented for his ability to select wickets with the old ball. The conditions here in England is right for his swing bowling. he’s a player to observe out for during this series.
THE TEAM NEWS
- England head into this five-match test series with India having already seen their seven-year unbeaten series run in red-ball cricket come to an end at the hands of latest Zealand back in June and after having been beaten comprehensively in India earlier within the year, Joe Root’s side is going to be out for revenge.
- If they’re to beat India, they’ll need to roll in the hay without Ben Stokes, because the star all-rounder has taken an indefinite break from cricket during a bid to prioritize his mental wellbeing.
- England will again be forced into a choice whether to play a frontline spin-bowler in Jack Leach and field just six batters with bowling all-rounder Sam Curran at 7 or bolster the batting by selecting Dan Lawrence and counting on both his and Root’s part-time spin to ascertain them through.
- Having secured a fantastic Border-Gavaskar trophy victory in Australia at the beginning of the year India is ready to undertake and continue making history by securing a primary red-ball series triumph in England since back in 2007, however they are doing so on the rear of getting been beaten by New Zealand within the World Test Championship final played in Southampton.
- Captain Virat Kohli is going to be without a variety of players, including opener Shubman Gill, all-rounder Washington Sundar and fast bowler Avesh Khan, all of whom are out for the whole series through injury, whilst batter Mayank Agarwal will miss the primary test after being hit within the head within the nets by a bouncer, leaving Kohli and head coach Ravi Shastri with an enormous decision on who to play alongside Rohit Sharma at the highest of the order, with the experienced KL Rahul or uncapped Abhimanyu Easwaran expected to be chosen.
- In better news for India, experienced top-order batter Ajinkya Rahane should play after recovering from a hamstring.