- admin | July 23, 2021 | 10:38 am
Sri Lanka vs India 3rd ODI Match Prediction. India has already sealed the fate of the three-match ODI series against Sri Lanka at the long-lasting R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. whilst the primary victory on Sunday was a reasonably straightforward one, the lads in Blue had to play out of their skins to secure the three-wicket win on Tuesday, July 20.
The third and final ODI is scheduled to require place on Friday, July 23. Although they need to lose the series, the Dasun Shanaka-led hosts have 10 important ODI Super League points to play for.
Match – Sri Lanka vs India – 3rd match
Venue – R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Time – 03:00 PM IST, 09:30 AM GMT
Where to watch live – Sony Sports Network, Sony LIV
There is an honest chance that the 3rd ODI could get washed out by rain, with a thunderstorm forecast on Friday. It should remain a warm and humid day, though, with a mean temperature of around 28 degrees celsius.
The dig in Colombo has been fairly good for batting. Scores over the 250-run mark are registered whenever within the series. Hence, a reasonably high-scoring game is often expected for Friday’s match. Chasing should be the way forward. There are chances of rain from 2 PM onwards and hence, there might be a couple of delays. The temperature is going to be around 27 degrees Celsius.
Avg score: 262 (37 ODIs in Colombo since January 2010)
Record of chasing teams: Won – 19, Lost – 16, N/R – 2
Sri Lanka vs India Playing 11
Sri Lanka Predicted Playing 11
Avishka Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksha, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka (c), Minod Bhanuka (wk), Lahiru Kumara, Isuru Udana, Akila Dananjaya/Lakshan Sandakan, Dushmantha Chameera
India Predicted Playing 11
Shikhar Dhawan (c), Prithvi Shaw, Suryakumar Yadav, Manish Pandey, Sanju Samson/Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Chahar/Navdeep Saini, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal
SL vs IND Head-to-Head
Played – 161 | Sri Lanka – 56 | India – 93 | N/R – 11 | Tied- 1
In Sri Lanka
Played – 63 | Sri Lanka – 27 | India – 30 | N/R – 6
Also read Sri Lanka Fined for Keeping Slow Over-Rate in 2nd ODI Against India.
Sri Lanka vs India Playing 11 key Players
Shikhar Dhawan– India
Shikhar Dhawan has been a fulcrum of India’s batting within the top-order. he’s also 23 runs in need of accomplishing 6,000 runs in ODI cricket. Dhawan’s numbers against Sri Lanka within the 50-over format also are stupendous. In 16 games, the left-hander has hammered 983 runs at a mean of 70.21 with four centuries and a top score of an unbeaten 132 to point out for his efforts.
Wanindu Hasaranga– Sri Lanka
Wanindu Hasaranga has been a revelation for Sri Lanka within the last two years approximately. Batters have found him tough to read and therefore the same has been the case for the Indians also. within the first ODI, the leg-spinner couldn’t make a breakthrough. However, he made amends within the second match, picking three crucial wickets. Hasaranga is additionally quite handy with the bat and may make useful runs.
Sri Lanka vs India Team News
- Whilst Sri Lanka accrued 275/9 batting first which was their highest total of the ODI series thus far, once more it proved vainly as India chased it down with 5 deliveries remaining.
- Avishka Fernando and Charith Asalanka each managed half-centuries, whilst Wanindu Hasaranga once more showed why he might be a limited-overs star of the longer term with three wickets for the loss of only 37 runs from his ten overs.
- Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Mendis, and Danushka Gunathilaka, all remain suspended for Sri Lanka heading into the ultimate
- India achieved a hugely impressive run chase for the second successive ODI, reaching their target of 276 with three wickets remaining to seal a series win with one game to travel.
- Kumar shone with the ball having taken three wickets, alongside spin-bowler Yuzvendra Chahal and therefore the all-around performance of this young Indian side means an unchanged team is predicted for this third ODI.