- Rohit Singh | February 3, 2023 | 11:23 pm
ZIM vs WI, 1st Test Preview
Zimbabwe will clash with West Indies in the first fixture of the two-test match series starting February 4 at Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo. It will be the first-ever red-ball match for the Chevrons after July 2021, when they lost by 220 runs to Bangladesh. Craig Ervine will lead the side, which will miss the services of their top players like Sikandar Raza and Ryan Burl. However, the county experience of Gary Ballance will be handy for the side. West Indies, on the other hand, have a strong squad under the captaincy of Kraigg Brathwaite. They had a good outing in the practice game and would look to continue the same form.
ZIM vs WI, 1st Test Details
Zimbabwe vs West Indies – 1st Test
Venue: Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Date & Time: 04th February 2023 at 01:30 PM IST
Live Streaming: Star Sports Network
ZIM vs WI, 1st Test Pitch Report
Both teams played two Test matches at this venue in 2017, which witnessed them scoring 250 runs on most occasions, which can be termed as the minimum they have to score on this pitch to put up a strong challenge. The spinners will play a key role in taking key wickets due to the underlying assistance from the surface.
No Injury. Will be added when there is an update
Also Read: IND Test players have started preparing ahead of the match!
ZIM vs WI, 1st Test Probable Playing XIs:
Zimbabwe Probable Playing XIs
Milton Shumba, Tanunurwa Makoni, Gary Ballance, Craig Ervine, Innocent Kaia, Tafadzwa Tsiga, Chamunorwa Chibhaba, Wellington Masakadza, Donald Tiripano, Victor Nyauchi, Richard Ngarva
West Indies Probable Playing XIs
Kraigg Brathwaite, Tagnarine Chanderpaul, Nkrumah Bonner, Jermaine Blackwood, Kyle Mayers, Roston Chase, Joshua Da Silva, Jason Holder, Kemar Roach, Alzarri Joseph, Gudakesh Motie
Topmost Picks for ZIM vs WI Dream11 Prediction, 1st Test:
Top Picks – Zimbabwe
- Gary Ballance – With his rich stint in County and England team can be a boon to the Zimbabwe side. He has 11,876 runs at an average of 47.31, with 41 tons in the first-class format.
- Craig Ervine – He would look to make full use of the experience gained over the years to counter Caribbean challenge. He has 1,208 runs at an average of 35.52 in 18 Test matches, with a top score of 160.
Top Picks – West Indies
- Kraigg Brathwaite – The West Indies skipper will be the best pick for this game due to his terrific track record to pile up runs at the top order. He has 5,089 runs in 81 Test matches with 11 centuries.
- Kyle Mayers – The left-handed batter has been sensational with his form of late across all formats. He has 828 runs and 27 wickets in 14 red-ball appearances for West Indies.
Suggested Playing XI N0.1 for ZIM vs WI Dream11 Team:
Joshua Da Silva, Kraigg Brathwaite(C), Kyle Mayers(VC), Gary Ballance, Craig Ervine, Innocent Kaia, Milton Shumba, Kemar Roach, Alzarri Joseph, Richard Ngarva, Victor Nyauchi
Suggested Playing XI N0.2 for ZIM vs WI Dream11 Team:
Joshua Da Silva, Kraigg Brathwaite, Kyle Mayers, Gary Ballance, Craig Ervine, Innocent Kaia, Milton Shumba, Roston Chase(VC), Alzarri Joseph(C), Richard Ngarva, Victor Nyauchi
Captain and Vice-Captain Options:
Captain – Kraigg Brathwaite, Alzarri Joseph
Vice-captain – Kyle Mayers, Roston Chase
Wicketkeeper – Joshua Da Silva
ZIM vs WI 1st Test Probable Winners:
West Indies and Zimbabwe have faced each other in 10 matches in the Test. Out of these 10 games, West Indies have won 7 whereas Zimbabwe have come out victorious on 0 occasions. West Indies, on the other hand, have a strong squad under the captaincy of Kraigg Brathwaite. The likes of Kyle Mayers and Jason Holder will play a key role for the team. They had a good outing in the practice game and would look to continue the same form. Considering the team combination, West Indies is expected to win this match.